Learn more

Featured Communities

Forum Stats

• 52,237 Members
  • 30,938 Discussions
  • 118,068 Comments

Recent Discussions

Join the Smartsheet Community

Find answers to Smartsheet questions, learn about project management best practices, discuss the future of work management, and get how-to guidance for every Smartsheet use-case from fellow users and Smartsheet experts.

Discussion List

• Announcement

Introducing baselines for project management, available now!
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi Community,  We are excited to announce the launch of baselines - a fixed reference point in time to measure and compare a project’s progress to completion. Capturing and comparing variances between the current actual schedule and the or…
    322 7
    Announcement 322 views 7 comments Most recent by Russell Baines Using Smartsheet
  • Announcement

Register now for ENGAGE 2021 Special Edition!
    In Announcements
    Join us online on Tuesday, June 8th from 9-10:30 a.m. PDT for a special virtual edition of ENGAGE! You’re invited to ENGAGE ALL IN, a special virtual edition of our customer conference, where we’ll help business leaders like you unleash t…
    65 3
    Announcement 65 views 3 comments Most recent by MCorbin Announcements
  • What's the proper way to use the SUBSTITUTE formula for multiple options?
    In Formulas and Functions
    @Paul Newcome I always tag you in my formula questions because you ROCK! I need to map project phases we use in Smartsheet to the the phases we use when we report on our projects. I was able to get the basic function to work using the fol…
    Accepted
    13 5
    Accepted Answer 13 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Permissions
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi I have an automation on a sheet that will ask for an update when a line item is due. Will the person assigned to the task receive the automation and be able to update, via the email form if the sheet has not been shared with them, or d…
    Accepted
    9 4
    Accepted Answer 9 views 4 comments Most recent by Cheryl Collins Using Smartsheet
  • Return Multiple Rows
    I am trying to reference a centralized Goal Document containing the 2021 goals for all our departments. From our Org Sheet, I'd like to reference the Goal Document and return the goals by matching the department name in both sheets. I ne…
    Answered - Pending Review
    14 2
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrea Westrich Formulas and Functions
  • Determine proof dates based on asset lead times
    I want to determine a 1st proof due date based on asset type and days to complete. I have another Smartsheet listing all asset types and # of days. I have various columns that list asset choices. when any of these columns have an asset typ…
    19 14
    Answered - Pending Review 19 views 14 comments Most recent by Pam Dunn Formulas and Functions
  • "Health" Column Symbols
    My Health Column Type is Balls I need to set the ball colors like this: Red if Due Date is before Today Yellow if Due Date is Today Green if Due Date is After Today Blue if Status is not "Complete" "On Hold", Cancelled&…
    Accepted
    17 5
    Accepted Answer 17 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • How to copy paste a SUM function that is referencing to other sheets
    Hi all, I have sales data per month for a year, for several regions, each region has its own sheet. When I want to make 1 summary table, I think I need to use =SUM(number 1, number 2, ...and so on) and for each number, reference to anothe…
    13 5
    Answered - Pending Review 13 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Obtain values based on 2 criteria in another row
    Hi, I hope you guys can help me out, For the sheet below I would like the Downtime Start Date and Start time to be copied from the "New Job" to the "Follow on Job" IF The Job number in the "Follow on" row i…
    19 5
    Answered - Pending Review 19 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Unable to Down Part 2 of the Product Certification Exam
    In Using Smartsheet
    For some reason, I'm unable to download the Exam Folder to complete Part 2 of the exam - Feature Manipulation Exercise in Smartsheet. When I attempt to download I receive the following error message "Your account has reached the maxi…
    11 4
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 4 comments Most recent by Staci Beane Using Smartsheet
  • Conditional Ranking? RANKEQ based off Category
    Hello Fellow Smartsheet Users, I am having trouble putting together RANKEQ formula that ranks rows in my sheet by Total Aggregate Value, but only based off the Department. I would like to return top 5 aggregate values per each Department l…
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • I wish to compare a particular date in formula itself.
    For eg - =IF($[Date1]@row > "1/4/2020", COUNT($[Date2]@row, "B") Right now my approach is updating the formula column properties as Date and updating 1st row as "1/4/2020" then comparing this with Date1. Is…
    17 2
    Answered - Pending Review 17 views 2 comments Most recent by Heather D Formulas and Functions