Explore. Ask. Answer.

Forum Stats

• 38,174 Members
  • 20,426 Discussions
  • 79,014 Comments

Recent Discussions

Find answers to Smartsheet questions, learn about project management best practices, discuss the future of work management, and get how-to guidance for every Smartsheet use-case from fellow users and Smartsheet experts.

Discussion List

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Answered - Pending Review Deanna Vandermeer 30 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 04/20/20,Last post 04/21/20
    I have this formula that is working properly except I need to adjust it. Basically what this formula is doing is counting the children rows if a specific date column has nothing (is blank). However, what I need to also adjust for is to hav…
    Formulas and Functions303
    Deanna Vandermeer
  • LisakayS
    Countifs errorAccepted Answer
    Accepted Answer LisakayS 14 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I am trying to count the number of occurrences when column1 = value1 AND in the rows that have a check box in column2. Can anyone see why this formula is #Unparseable? When tested individually, the formulas work but together I get…
    Using Smartsheet143
    LisakayS
  • Maria Watters
    Accepted Answer Maria Watters 13 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I am trying to see the number of employees that called off for each shift for yesterday only. This is what I have so far. I want to see the number of employees that called off on "Shift A" and that call off is "Unsch…
    Using Smartsheet137
    Maria Watters
  • Jörg Schmidt Novum Hospitality
    Answered - Pending Review Jörg Schmidt Novum Hospitality 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 04/21/20,Last post 04/21/20
    Hi, is it possible to define columns or rows with certain formatting f.e. frames (as it it in Excel) ? https://us.v-cdn.net/6031209/uploads/851/FIZ0KMPCZA17.png
    Using Smartsheet11
    Jörg Schmidt Novum Hospitality
  • Jay Duque
    Accepted Answer Jay Duque 21 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/16/19,Last post 04/21/20
    For example, I'm having people fill out a form when requesting creative assets (video/audio). If they select a specific resolution from a drop down, then I only want certain video lengths to show that apply to that resolution only (this i…
    Using Smartsheet214
    Jay Duque
  • Stephanie Firth
    Accepted Answer Stephanie Firth 14 views 1 comment Most recent by Stephanie Firth Formulas and Functions
    First post 04/21/20,Last post 04/21/20
    I am trying to get a box checked if a completion date has been entered OR a status has been marked complete. Formula I have is =IF (Status3 = "Complete") OR NOT(ISBLANK([Real Completion Date]3)),1 What am I doing wrong here?
    Formulas and Functions141
    Stephanie Firth
  • BTMarketingOps
    Sorting IssuesAccepted Answer
    Accepted Answer BTMarketingOps 22 views 3 comments Most recent by Rigel Semprum Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/18/20,Last post 04/20/20
    I have a column set up as a multi-select drop down with the numbers 1-30 and the word Carry Over as well. I understand that the sort function will sort on the first option which will always be the numbers but what I have an issue with is w…
    Using Smartsheet223
    BTMarketingOps
  • Kristin Badalow
    Answered - Pending Review Kristin Badalow 12 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 04/20/20,Last post 04/20/20
    Hello, Is there a way to return a date formatted column to an additional text column using formulas? I'm looking to create a report. It's not letting me use the "date" formatted field. That field needs to remain in date format, s…
    Formulas and Functions125
    Kristin Badalow
  • Julie Still
    Accepted Answer Julie Still 11 views 10 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6031209/uploads/368/4AAEHJ17LYDA.png I would like to add Red, Yellow and Green to help visualize how many days until the event has been closed.
    Formulas and Functions1110
    Julie Still
  • BarneeL
    BarneeL 562 views 10 comments Most recent by Kristin Badalow Formulas and Functions
    First post 10/08/18,Last post 04/20/20
    I would like to be able to use a formula to generate a date in a text field. However, when I try the formula, for example =TODAY() + 1 I get the error #INVALID COLUMN VALUE Is there a way I can convert this to text so I can I have it i…
    Formulas and Functions56210
    BarneeL
  • Kimberley Harris
    Answered - Pending Review Kimberley Harris 14 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    Is there a way to autofill from one sheet to another. Example: I have data on one sheet and I am creating a % on another sheet. So I am linking the cells and dividing by a number in my % sheet. Is there a way to "drag" the data …
    Formulas and Functions144
    Kimberley Harris
  • gwson
    Answered - Pending Review gwson 37 views 6 comments Most recent by Darren M Premium Apps and Integrations
    First post 02/28/20,Last post 04/20/20
    How do I setup data uploader to update dropdowns in the contact list with NAME and Email. Right now it overrides the column property to the SINGLE DROPDOWN column and inserts email address only.
    Premium Apps and Integrations376
    gwson
  • Amy Evans
    Answered - Pending Review Amy Evans 34 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I have a VlookUp question with 2 sheets. Sheet 1 has a simple table (see attachment) with Sizes and Hours. https://us.v-cdn.net/6031209/uploads/463/14G4L1ZWE4FD.png Sheet 2 - On another sheet, I want to executive a Vlookup and refe…
    Using Smartsheet343
    Amy Evans
  • Exxcellent
    Answered - Pending Review Exxcellent 33 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6031209/uploads/818/PPF0M31I24K7.png Hi, I need to use countifs to count the number of calls made to customers today. In my example, Touch 1 and Touch 2 are calls today, however I also need some filtering with user in…
    Formulas and Functions335
    Exxcellent
  • Sheanon Summers
    Accepted Answer Sheanon Summers 26 views 4 comments Most recent by Sheanon Summers API & Developers
    First post 04/18/20,Last post 04/20/20
    Since Smartsheet doesn't have the option to resend update requests that haven't been completed, I wrote a script to pull all sent update requests, filter on pending requests, generate+send new requests, and delete the original request. Th…
    API & Developers264
    Sheanon Summers
  • Kristina Kazakoff
    COUNTIF FormulaQuestion
    Answered - Pending Review Kristina Kazakoff 11 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    I don't know why I'm getting zeros here. The reference sheet for Range 1 is a date column and Range 2 matches what is in the drop down menu. I also suspect that there's a more efficient formula to use - your feedback is welcome! https://us…
    Formulas and Functions113
    Kristina Kazakoff
  • LouSnz
    LouSnz 147 views 4 comments Most recent by Gabriel Toran Using Smartsheet
    First post 05/20/18,Last post 04/20/20
    Hello, is it possible to publish a dashboard and embed it into an email somehow?
    Using Smartsheet1474
    LouSnz
  • Richard Grimes
    Answered - Pending Review Richard Grimes 32 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 04/19/20,Last post 04/20/20
    Hello, Please can someone help, I am using this formula to add one more criteria but it returns back saying #INVALID OPERATION, the formula works before i start using the AND to add the next criteria, and i cant see why? =SUMIFS({Cleani…
    Formulas and Functions325
    Richard Grimes
  • James Moore
    Form LookupAccepted Answer
    Accepted Answer James Moore 43 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 04/17/20,Last post 04/20/20
    Is it possible to present a "Form" to a user, have them enter criteria. e.g. a unique customer number and then present other data to the user relating to that unique customer (e.g. the cust company name)? In other words, not prov…
    Formulas and Functions437
    James Moore
  • Karla George
    Accepted Answer Karla George 23 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 04/13/20,Last post 04/20/20
    I am trying to calculate employee utilization rates in smartsheet. I want to know the sum of individual employee effort (in percentage form) at any given given date in time. I have a list of current projects that has a line item for each…
    Formulas and Functions233
    Karla George
  • Tamara Sprung
    Accepted Answer Tamara Sprung 34 views 8 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    I have an acct through my work. I actually have two accts. One I don't have the ability to make changes to a document unless the author gives me permission...nor do I have the ability to create a new doc. However...I do have the ability…
    Using Smartsheet348
    Tamara Sprung
  • Su Pi
    Answered - Pending Review Su Pi 13 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    I created a report that includes the "Sheet Name" column. The auto-generated links in this column go directly to the specific row on the sheet it's linking to. However, when I add the report as a widget on a dashboard, the links …
    Using Smartsheet137
    Su Pi
  • Corentin Dal Farra
    Accepted Answer Corentin Dal Farra 12 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
    Hello everyone, In smartsheet I tried to conifgure a workflow that launch an alert to a specific user. Does someone know if it is possible to configure an alert workflow that would be sent to someone according to his function or profil (fo…
    Using Smartsheet126
    Corentin Dal Farra
  • LLaCosta
    Answered - Pending Review LLaCosta 11 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 04/16/20,Last post 04/20/20
    We have (1) sheet that is used for basic data entry. No formulas or anything complicated. The user enters the date, start time, end time and categorizes the work they are doing by selecting a single category every task they complete. There…
    Formulas and Functions114
    LLaCosta
  • Rainier Hollands
    Answered - Pending Review Rainier Hollands 21 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    Hi everyone, For my business I have multiple trucks, and every morning we record the statuses of the trucks before they start driving. I have multiple columns, each one being the different trucks. In the rows for those trucks I record the…
    Formulas and Functions215
    Rainier Hollands
  • Ashley Sabo
    Answered - Pending Review Ashley Sabo 24 views 1 comment Most recent by Nathan Lloyd Premium Apps and Integrations
    Does anyone know if there is a way to export all workflows to identify which Salesforce fields are being used in the connector? Basically a map that identifies all the fields in Salesforce that Smartsheet touches and if its read only or re…
    Premium Apps and Integrations241
    Ashley Sabo
  • Volson
    Accepted Answer Volson 44 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P Formulas and Functions
    Hello - I am trying to sum a grant $ amount when one column is marked "Yes" to COVID-19 Related and the other column is either marked "Approve" or "Approve-Repurpose". I can't seem to figure it out. Can som…
    Formulas and Functions443
    Volson
  • SteCoxy
    Accepted Answer SteCoxy 23 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    Hello, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with something that probably seems quite obvious or basic however, my knowledge on formulas or functions within Smartsheet is not advanced, so I apologise in advance! I'm trying to get my fi…
    Formulas and Functions237
    SteCoxy
  • sahilhq
    Accepted Answer sahilhq 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    Hey, Can anybody please suggest me with a formula that would calculate the average time a person takes to close an action assigned to him in a row? I have attached below the layout of the sheet. The formula should calculate the start of t…
    Formulas and Functions131
    sahilhq
  • Melisa Dannhauser
    Answered - Pending Review Melisa Dannhauser 56 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    Hi, I'm trying to create a table that looks up data from a list of entries based on multiple criteria. I have been able to achieve PART of my task with different formulas but can't figure out how to achieve my desired end result. I tried I…
    Formulas and Functions561
    Melisa Dannhauser