Using Smartsheet

Using Smartsheet

Archives for March 2018

Discussion List

• paul.dansie43006
    paul.dansie43006 3 views 2 comments Most recent by Joy Durham Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/30/18,Last post 04/02/18
    Is there a way to make the comments field - show in the main sheet with all the comments? Apparently it is too hard for my users to go to the comments box -any suggestions on how to achieve the same result?
    Using Smartsheet32
    paul.dansie43006
  • yjakubauskas
    yjakubauskas 297 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/30/18,Last post 10/16/19
    Hello Smartsheet community,   I am wondering if there's any way to default your view setting to Gantt (or others) when you created a new blank sheet? I want to avoid changing the view setting every time my team and I are going into the s…
    Using Smartsheet2973
    yjakubauskas
  • caitlinoreilly11
    First post 03/30/18,Last post 03/31/18
    Hi - I am trying to reference another sheet with columns "placement or asset" and "designer" where I can reference the designer name AND when the placement column says placement and have it count this amount Below is w…
    Using Smartsheet441
    caitlinoreilly11
  • Kris
    Kris 30 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/30/18,Last post 03/31/18
    In Card View the first field shown is the primary column.  For this particular sheet, my primary column was left blank and hidden so all of my cards show <Untitled> on the first line.  What can I do to keep <Untitled> from appe…
    Using Smartsheet301
    Kris
  • Stacie Braffet
    First post 03/30/18,Last post 04/02/18
    We utilize Web Form option to track Support Cases.  If a user has multiple cases, they currently have to submit their first case then go back into the URL for the Form to enter another case.  Is it possible to have an option at the bottom …
    Using Smartsheet501
    Stacie Braffet
  • jkballentine
    jkballentine 46 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 04/02/18
    I have a Smartsheet setup where a form is used to populate the columns.  I receive an approval request and once I approve it goes to one more approver. After the "approve" button is selected, an email shows up with the following…
    Using Smartsheet461
    jkballentine
  • bbg
    bbg 29 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 03/29/18
    Hello Community, I've just started my trial with Smartsheet and I am planning to migrate from MS Project to Smartsheet due to the flexibility it seem to have in terms of sharing and reporting. I really enjoy the dashboards and sharing se…
    Using Smartsheet291
    bbg
  • Chris Mazuran
    Chris Mazuran 14 views 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Using Smartsheet
    I want to set up a reminder for the unfinished tasks on a sheet. When I say "unfinshed" I mean those tasks that have not been marked done or have a 100% in the completed column. Presently, it looks like a reminder will fire regar…
    Using Smartsheet145
    Chris Mazuran
  • griffjen
    griffjen 265 views 9 comments Most recent by Jamielepard Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 09/24/19
    Anyone know how to make dashboard widget of a gantt chart only show today and forward?  It displays correctly in the Report Builder as there is an option in Settings > Timeline Display to check the box "Open to today's date". …
    Using Smartsheet2659
    griffjen
  • mcnejef
    mcnejef 27 views 1 comment Most recent by Sasan Using Smartsheet
    Long time user, first time trying to do something cross-sheet. Lets say I have a folder called "Projects" and it contains all "Project Sheet" type sheets.  Outside of the folder I'd like to have a sheet or a dashboard …
    Using Smartsheet271
    mcnejef
  • Glen Walter Teles
    Glen Walter Teles 2 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 03/30/18
    Whenever i put a hyperlink on a dashboard to access on another smartsheet item (Dashboard), the selected item is checked but after saving the page, the link breaks and automatically links to some other smartsheet item. What can be the pot…
    Using Smartsheet21
    Glen Walter Teles
  • Grace
    Grace 17 views 3 comments Most recent by Grace Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 04/02/18
    Hi, Are there any limits to the number of dasboard a user can create? Many thanks, Grace
    Using Smartsheet173
    Grace
  • hanzzen79
    hanzzen79 3 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 03/30/18
    How can I create an A0 landscape dashboard canvas
    Using Smartsheet31
    hanzzen79
  • valentink
    valentink 5 views 3 comments Most recent by valentink Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 04/02/18
    Hi folks, I remember there was a way to use a system column (auto creation date, for example) in the gantt view...the trick was to create another date column and use the =created2 (or the number of the row).... but it will not work (smart…
    Using Smartsheet53
    valentink
  • Erika Moreno
    Erika Moreno 226 views 7 comments Most recent by Colin Entrekin Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 03/03/20
    Hi: I am looking to see if the software is able to time stamp an item to keep a record of it. we would like to have a checklist and once a task is completed or changed. if there can be a timestamp on day/time in order to keep records for a…
    Using Smartsheet2267
    Erika Moreno
  • Bryan_M
    Bryan_M 90 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 03/28/18
    I want to add a fixed header that displays above rows on my sheet. I see this is available when printing the sheet, but I need to add instructions and clarification to the published sheet that is viewable by collaborators.
    Using Smartsheet901
    Bryan_M
  • Jacob Laan
    Jacob Laan 25 views 12 comments Most recent by Bar243 Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 06/04/19
    Hello, We are experiencing an issue with the chart functions within Smartsheet. We are currently using Smartsheet to collect and process help desk tickets. We have a form hosted on our intranet where users can submit help desk tickets. Th…
    Using Smartsheet2512
    Jacob Laan
  • KentHarvick
    KentHarvick 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 03/29/18
    My vote is to save email sent/received history.
    Using Smartsheet131
    KentHarvick
  • modemfish
    modemfish 58 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Using Smartsheet
    Hi i have a large sheet that needs to be edited by many individuals [circa 30]. Each row contains in a field the email address of the user who can edit or modify the record [row].  Is it possible to: automate an invite to edit based on …
    Using Smartsheet582
    modemfish
  • Peter
    Hi there, is it possible to open a sheet with the unique url (maybe out of a sight or the intranet) and set a filter plus deactivate the other filters. Maybe with parameter in the url? many thanks peter
    Using Smartsheet452
    Peter
  • bhope51
    bhope51 350 views 3 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 03/28/18
    Hello, Is there a way to conditionally format duplicates if a value is in a column and if a box is checked? I need this to look through the whole sheet where there are many input values by the customer via a form. Thank you. Brian  
    Using Smartsheet3503
    bhope51
  • ker9
    ker9 121 views 13 comments Most recent by Sasan Using Smartsheet
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 05/17/18
    Hi, I have a Dashboard with about 12 charts from one sheet.  It looks at five years of data.  In 6 months I'm going to want to change that five year period.  Is there any method I can employ to make that happen automatically or will I need…
    Using Smartsheet12113
    ker9
  • bmoore
    bmoore 16 views 1 comment Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP Using Smartsheet
    Hello SmartSheet community!  We've been using Smartsheet for a while now throughout our company and so far have several sheets. Some have important deadlines/dates while some just have to-do lists with several tasks that are flagged as im…
    Using Smartsheet161
    bmoore
  • Lucas Knepper
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 03/29/18
    On our PM sheet we have stage summaries which show the % complete, start/end date, and a RYG dot. All of this information appears on a dashboard. Currently when we change stages we have to re-link all of the above info to the dashboard but…
    Using Smartsheet151
    Lucas Knepper
  • stevens25216
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 03/27/18
    We have a column type "contact list" that we use to track sales reps for individual products. Sometimes we have a product with more than one sales rep. I created a group with both sales reps as part of the group thinking I could …
    Using Smartsheet182
    stevens25216
  • frobison14816
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 09/30/19
    We frequently send attachments to the next task owner (example, from document drafter to document editor), and we want the person receiving the attachment to know in which row the attachment is posted. Is there a way to do this? Right now …
    Using Smartsheet133
    frobison14816
  • ggeorge
    ggeorge 115 views 5 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Using Smartsheet
    I need to calculate a due date that is 18 months out. I have a column for "Actual Run Date" and I have a column for "Expiry Date" so the "Expiry Date" column needs to automatically calculate an 18 months expir…
    Using Smartsheet1155
    ggeorge
  • Bladerunner
    Bladerunner 49 views 4 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Using Smartsheet
    Hi I don't know if this is a bug or not but, I have a summary sheet which has a column set as Text/Number I link into it from a number of sheets, the links can be contact names, descriptions, addresses etc, I have two cells in the column I…
    Using Smartsheet494
    Bladerunner
  • tanmoy.choudhury40516
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 10/08/18
    Dear Team, Can we restrict column for users and can we assign task to multiple people from the sheet.
    Using Smartsheet313
    tanmoy.choudhury40516
  • MountArarat
    MountArarat 31 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Using Smartsheet
    Is there a way to make status circles with more than one color? Sometimes we color our circles red/yellow or yellow/green. (Image)
    Using Smartsheet311
    MountArarat