Using Smartsheet

Archives for June 2018

Discussion List

• Smartsheets Project Management newbie
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am new to Smartsheets and new to project management. Is there a smart sheet course that I can take that caters to a project manager in training?  The videos I am finding are not quite descriptive enough for me and are only about 5 minut…
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Joining 2 columns
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, i need to join 2 columns. First column is the City Name and second is the Numbers. I got it to work but I only need the first 3 digits from the City : =JOIN(City1 + Number1) comes out CITYNAME3462 I need to show up CIT3462 thank you …
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Patricia Worth Using Smartsheet
  • Sum of Cells in different Rows
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi Is it possible to sum the counts of specific cells on different rows in the same sheet.All the cells are in the same column. Thanks Mcneil        
    483 4
    483 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Question - Dependent Fields
    In Using Smartsheet
    We have a few questions:   * When our users are entering data in a form, is there a way to default certain fields based on other entries? * When users enter data, we only want them to see their submissions and not those of other companie…
    81 2
    81 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Change Control form for I.T.
    In Using Smartsheet
    I'm looking for a change control form with workflow for approval. It should be tailored  for I.T.  Surprisingly I can' seem to find one in Smartsheet. Does anybody have a good one?    
    2 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • IOS app changes cause values to become hyperlinks on export
    In Using Smartsheet
    In the past month or so, when I make changes to data in a sheet using the IOS app, those changed values become hyperlinks to the word.  For example, if I change a cell value to the word "other", it makes the value in Excel "…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Using Smartsheet
  • Using a COUNTIFS formula if date criteria is met
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello smartsheet community,    I am having some serious difficulty getting a COUNTIFS formula to work based on if a row in another sheet meets a data criteria.   My COUNTIFS formula works right now when referencing another sheet, but I…
    82 2
    82 views 2 comments Most recent by mwiggins Using Smartsheet
  • Cell Linking
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi Everyone, Is there such a thing as an "if" statement then link cells? If cell has check mark link these cells to a different sheet.
    1 view 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • "Sticky Notes"
    In Using Smartsheet
    Any update on adding virtual "sticky notes" to an SS? This was discussed back in 2016, but maybe there has been some movement? For example, a "sticky note" to a page to update viewers that the page is being edited w/co…
    32 2
    32 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Export to Google Calendar although no longer syncing from smartsheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Question- We would like to export the calendar to Google Calendar. I am familiar with the publish feature but it appears that it will only create a new calendar and can't be added to an existing Google Calendar.  1. Is this correct? I wo…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Using Smartsheet