Using Smartsheet

Archives for September 2018

Discussion List

• IF statement referencing another sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    I'm new to Smartsheet and I'm trying to use an IF statement to pull data from another sheet based on "true" criteria.   I want to look up a reference in a sheet based on an application name, and if it is true, I want to return t…
    1343 4
    1.3K views 4 comments Most recent by Sldollman Using Smartsheet
  • Default properties for rows
    In Using Smartsheet
    I started a new sheet using the 'Template: Client Creative Brief'. I have subsequently changed most things, including the colors. However there seems to be default cell background color (dark blue, see QTY. column in attached screen shot) …
    113 views 2 comments Most recent by [email protected] Using Smartsheet
  • formulas in update requests
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, i'd like to use smartsheet for end of year bonuses. I ideally would like to send an update request to managers with the info below. I can lock all cells so that the only one they can update would be column C - but is there a way on eit…
    33 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • SUMIF with date range and dropdown list categories
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi everyone, So I have columns Type (dropdown list, 3 values, Tools, Chemicals, Clothing), Date and Amount ($).  I am trying to come up with a formula to sum amount of $ spent in a certain month in each Type of expense. So, for example, …
    105 5
    105 views 5 comments Most recent by Anastasia Using Smartsheet
  • Enhancement Requests: Improved Row Reminders
    In Using Smartsheet
    Every once in a while, I run into a situation where I would like to send a Row Reminder, but Smartsheet's implementation does not help me. 99% of the Reminders on a sheet are generic and can automated, I'm not talking about those. I just …
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Using Smartsheet
  • Using a Form to enter multiple dates at once, rather than individually
    In Using Smartsheet
    We have developed a Smartsheet to track event support requests, and I have created a form for our clients to use for the reqeusts. Is it possible to use the calendar to enter multiple dates in one entry rather than having to refresh the f…
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams Using Smartsheet
  • how to tie up % conclusion with actual date
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is there any way to generate a "temporal analysis of the evolution of % conclusion" on a project.? I would need a way which every time the update of a task occurred, the smartsheet fixed the actual date so at the end of that tas…
    11 views 7 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Using Smartsheet
  • Updates on a ticketing system
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello All, we are setting up a ticketing system to manage a medium (but growing number) of instruments. Unfortenately not all service requests can be handled in one visit. How can the "actions taken" column be updated lets say f…
    21 17
    21 views 17 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Sort lines
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi. Can somebody give some guidance on the sorting option for lines? The option turns to be disabled if I take the whole column, or I select several lines. The option only works with less than 10 lines or so... is it because of my free …
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Smartsheet for Marketing
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am brand new to smartsheet, just trying it out to see if it would meet my needs. I run a marketing unit at a university, and currently use a system called Workfront for our project management and online proofing. Is there anyone out the…
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet