Using Smartsheet

Using Smartsheet

Archives for December 2018

Discussion List

• DIV
    DIV 151 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Grim Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/28/18,Last post 05/13/20
    Hi. Is it possible to create a dorpdown list that is dependent on the option selected in other column. For example, when I have list of 300 Banks with SWIFT codes . One column is Bank name, another column is SWIFT code. I also have a list …
    Using Smartsheet1515
    DIV
  • smartrad
    smartrad 38 views 7 comments Most recent by JD Lillard Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/28/18,Last post 12/28/18
    Hi. - I run a sheet with form to collate drawing data. the original form user uploads a drawing and this populates the sheet. the auto alert tells the other client (via email) of an attachment available for download. The client then down…
    Using Smartsheet387
    smartrad
  • Stephanie Stoewe
    Stephanie Stoewe 27 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
    Hello,  I am trying to find the sum of Net Work Days between three date ranges.  Expected Dock Date  &  Dock Date Available for QC   &   QC Complete Date Received into Sage  &  Expected Receipt This formula isn't quite wor…
    Using Smartsheet275
    Stephanie Stoewe
  • dzuber
    dzuber 3 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    I am having trouble generating reports on tasks that have the same name that occur on multiple project sheets. Is this possible? Tips?
    Using Smartsheet32
    dzuber
  • CKW-PDX
    First post 12/27/18,Last post 01/03/19
    I'm trying to take a spreadsheet and present it in a way that has one row for each category of item, and then multiple cells across that row to represent the emails sent in that category. This is a calendar of sorts. Each category would be…
    Using Smartsheet1753
    CKW-PDX
  • dacey.hartsfield73521
    First post 12/27/18,Last post 12/28/18
    I have a contact form that once the contact proceeds into the opportunity phase (think CRM), I want to automatically have their info populate into another sheet.   In the contact sheet, I envision a column titled "Proceed to Opportun…
    Using Smartsheet762
    dacey.hartsfield73521
  • Peggy P
    Peggy P 232 views 9 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/27/18,Last post 09/06/19
    I'm trying to set up a workflow process for OOO requests. I would like there to be Approver comments if the request is Denied but I can't seem to get it to work without having the Approver log into SmartSheet to enter the Approver comments…
    Using Smartsheet2329
    Peggy P
  • LilDee
    LilDee 1 view 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/27/18,Last post 12/27/18
    I am building a report from 2 sheets. When I add the When criterion "is a date" from Sheet 1, the report data does not display the existing, not blank Property value from Sheet 2. Both of these sheets use the same unique customer…
    Using Smartsheet12
    LilDee
  • eskaplan
    Hi, When I click the "Download Backup File" link in my email from Smartsheet. An internet browser opens pinwheels for a long time showing "Waiting for urldefense.proofpoint..." and then eventually shows page cannot be …
    Using Smartsheet31
    eskaplan
  • Tim Hockersmith
    Tim Hockersmith 3 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/27/18,Last post 12/27/18
    Hey Guys, I have created a sheet to help our construction company track our new leads.  We have set it up to fill out a form that feeds information into the sheet.  I have conditional formatting set up to identify each lead by their sta…
    Using Smartsheet33
    Tim Hockersmith
  • baddams
    baddams 113 views 8 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/27/18,Last post 04/10/20
    Is there a way to set the default Alert and Actions permissions on the sheet level to be the Least Restrictive? I have updated the template I am using to be the Least Restrictive, but new sheets are still set to Most Restrictive by default.
    Using Smartsheet1138
    baddams
  • daniel68616
    daniel68616 82 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
    Hello,  I added a date column to my report to show the actual date in the Dashboard but for whatever reason, the Dashboard wants to display the Gant view only for the date column. Can I turn the Gant view off so it only shows the actual d…
    Using Smartsheet829
    daniel68616
  • chad.jackson73431
    First post 12/26/18,Last post 01/21/19
    Hey folks. We have a number of projects with the right dependencies set up. We have reports for all our people to use. However, they're seeing tasks before those task's predecessors are complete. That's causing them to start tasks before t…
    Using Smartsheet9710
    chad.jackson73431
  • Guilherme Ribeiro
    Guilherme Ribeiro 41 views 11 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/26/18,Last post 12/27/18
    Hi all,  As you can see on the print below line 559 goes from "empty" to "Bruna Regina" and about 30 minutes later, same line goes from "Bruna" to "Fabio" at the first action my employee Jessica u…
    Using Smartsheet4111
    Guilherme Ribeiro
  • fgcook
    fgcook 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/25/18,Last post 12/26/18
    I am relatively new to SmartSheet.  I have been using it as a glorified spreadsheet for about a year in my small business.  I opted for it due to the notification feature as I work remotely most of the time. As I always seem to do, if I fi…
    Using Smartsheet111
    fgcook
  • wliddick
    First post 12/24/18,Last post 01/04/19
    Hi, I am relatively new to Smartsheet.  I have built a portfolio of projects for our company. I want to identify what departments are involved in each of the projects in the portfolio.  This is just a very high-level listing of department…
    Using Smartsheet167
    wliddick
  • Mike L.
    Mike L. 19 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/21/18,Last post 12/21/18
    Is there any way to create a report that checks all workspaces?  For example I want to make a report that shows a project manager everything that is assigned to her. If I make the report today I need to manually select 8 workspaces.  If I …
    Using Smartsheet191
    Mike L.
  • CarolineNorton
    CarolineNorton 129 views 8 comments Most recent by S-Coffaro Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/21/18,Last post 10/28/19
    I use two sheets to track one project. I use these same two sheets for many projects. One is a fully detailed list of every task's status, assigned to, and start/due dates, and the other is an abbreviated version that only contains specifi…
    Using Smartsheet1298
    CarolineNorton
  • tom55166
    Dear Community:  I am using Smartsheet to allow my customers to enter their own account information....which all rests on having a valid email address..... I have looked but can not find a SS solution to asking for a email address and the…
    Using Smartsheet571
    tom55166
  • Tom T
    Tom T 95 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/21/18,Last post 08/13/19
    Hello, Is there a way to create multiple sets of group contacts or drop down lists in a single column so that only a specified set of contacts or individuals can be selected based on what information is selected in a drop down list from a…
    Using Smartsheet954
    Tom T
  • Naiche
    Naiche 14 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/21/18,Last post 01/02/19
    This seems pretty basic, so not sure if I'm missing something. But, certain project stakeholders like to receive daily status emails that show the project activity. When I say activity, I mean comments, not who changed which cell. Currentl…
    Using Smartsheet144
    Naiche
  • csherwin66446
    csherwin66446 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    I am trying to build a report that shows all projects by quarter - those that start after Dec 31 and before Apr 1 would pull into my Q1 report, for example.  When building my criteria I only see to have the option to choose starts after De…
    Using Smartsheet11
    csherwin66446
  • Lcosta
    Lcosta 26 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/21/18,Last post 01/02/19
    Hello! When I am filtering down information from a sheet into multiple reports, a few of my columns are labeled as 'not found'. I haven’t renamed the columns, which I understand could cause this -although on one of the columns I changed th…
    Using Smartsheet263
    Lcosta
  • BarneeL
    BarneeL 41 views 1 comment Most recent by Sheetal Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/21/18,Last post 12/27/18
    Hi there,   Hopefully you guys can help me with this, as it would be something that would really help me out with the way my company uses smartsheet.   I have a template workspace I've put together that contains portals / dashboards wi…
    Using Smartsheet411
    BarneeL
  • Erik Johnson, PE
    Erik Johnson, PE 1 view 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/20/18,Last post 12/26/18
    How would I go about trying to create a formula that scan down a column finding and grouping the same "assigned to" and then grabing that specific %cost and totaling them up in another cell? (Image)
    Using Smartsheet12
    Erik Johnson, PE
  • Erik Johnson, PE
    Erik Johnson, PE 16 views 2 comments Most recent by Erik Johnson, PE Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/20/18,Last post 12/20/18
    Hi, Trying to use the =dateonly to get the variance between planned start and actual start, but it looks like the calculation is counting the weekend days when in only want it to count weekdays.  Is this possible?
    Using Smartsheet162
    Erik Johnson, PE
  • RockyJim
    RockyJim 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/20/18,Last post 12/27/18
    I'd like to see a function like "TODAY()", or cell behavior that supports it, that executes only once when an event is triggered so that the date result that never changes.  My use case is a Card view Kanban board with status st…
    Using Smartsheet122
    RockyJim
  • wheelels
    wheelels 6 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/20/18,Last post 01/09/19
    Has anyone used Smartsheet as a portfolio management solution?  
    Using Smartsheet62
    wheelels
  • BarbraF
    BarbraF 54 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/20/18,Last post 12/28/18
    We want to use Smartsheets to set up an out of office calendar for vacations, work trips, working from home etc. We are capturing name, dates, and reason for being out of the office. We planned on having staff enter in OOO on a form and th…
    Using Smartsheet547
    BarbraF
  • Cheryl Camacho
    Cheryl Camacho 15 views 2 comments Most recent by Cheryl Camacho Using Smartsheet
    First post 12/20/18,Last post 12/20/18
    Hello, I have been experiencing issues with my outgoing links not working since the last update.  If I change the data in the outgoing link, it points to the correct cell, but the data is incorrect.  The only way I can fix it is to delete …
    Using Smartsheet152
    Cheryl Camacho