Using Smartsheet

Archives for December 2018

Discussion List

• Alerts & Actions Permissions
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is there a way to set the default Alert and Actions permissions on the sheet level to be the Least Restrictive? I have updated the template I am using to be the Least Restrictive, but new sheets are still set to Most Restrictive by default.
    343 8
    343 views 8 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Remove Gant view from Dashboard report
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello,  I added a date column to my report to show the actual date in the Dashboard but for whatever reason, the Dashboard wants to display the Gant view only for the date column. Can I turn the Gant view off so it only shows the actual d…
    207 9
    207 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Only Show Tasks with Completed Predecessors in Report
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hey folks. We have a number of projects with the right dependencies set up. We have reports for all our people to use. However, they're seeing tasks before those task's predecessors are complete. That's causing them to start tasks before t…
    189 11
    189 views 11 comments Most recent by Tanner Polzin Using Smartsheet
  • how to automatically lock a line
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi all,  As you can see on the print below line 559 goes from "empty" to "Bruna Regina" and about 30 minutes later, same line goes from "Bruna" to "Fabio" at the first action my employee Jessica u…
    100 11
    100 views 11 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Using Smartsheet
  • Looking for General Help
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am relatively new to SmartSheet.  I have been using it as a glorified spreadsheet for about a year in my small business.  I opted for it due to the notification feature as I work remotely most of the time. As I always seem to do, if I fi…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Identifying Department Reasources in a Project Portfolio
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, I am relatively new to Smartsheet.  I have built a portfolio of projects for our company. I want to identify what departments are involved in each of the projects in the portfolio.  This is just a very high-level listing of department…
    12 7
    12 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Run a report against all workspaces?
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is there any way to create a report that checks all workspaces?  For example I want to make a report that shows a project manager everything that is assigned to her. If I make the report today I need to manually select 8 workspaces.  If I …
    25 1
    25 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Create a template set with linked cells
    In Using Smartsheet
    I use two sheets to track one project. I use these same two sheets for many projects. One is a fully detailed list of every task's status, assigned to, and start/due dates, and the other is an abbreviated version that only contains specifi…
    222 8
    222 views 8 comments Most recent by S-Coffaro Using Smartsheet
  • Web Form - compare two columns - ie validate a email entry
    In Using Smartsheet
    Dear Community:  I am using Smartsheet to allow my customers to enter their own account information....which all rests on having a valid email address..... I have looked but can not find a SS solution to asking for a email address and the…
    88 1
    88 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Multiple contact list in a column
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, Is there a way to create multiple sets of group contacts or drop down lists in a single column so that only a specified set of contacts or individuals can be selected based on what information is selected in a drop down list from a…
    149 4
    149 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet