Using Smartsheet

Archives for April 2020

Discussion List

• Possible to create multiple linked templates?
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi All, Hoping there's a few Smartsheet super users out there that can help! I've created a pretty flash client specific dashboard which pulls in from one master project template, which is is also linked to about another 10 seperate re…
    Accepted
    1 3
    Accepted Answer 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Change "From" when sending Update Request
    In Using Smartsheet
    When sending an Update Request, is it possible to change the From person? My sheet was created by someone else but I want to set up a reminder update request that would appear to come from me instead of the owner. I'm currently an Admin on…
    Answered - Pending Review
    1 1
    Answered - Pending Review 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Importing Excel Spreadsheets into Smartsheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am trying to automate a function that we desperately need. We have a spreadsheet that is generated every morning and every night. I want to import it into a Smartsheet that I will use for a Dashboard. My problem is that every time I i…
    Accepted
    72 7
    Accepted Answer 72 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Lookup item in sheet and move data.
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I would like in a form input a tagnumber like 1212122. Then after the form is submitted smartsheet will lookup this tagnummer in the main sheet. Then if found move the complete content of that row to another sheet and ( not just t…
    11 5
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Display a message / Instructions if cell is empty
    In Using Smartsheet
    If I have a cell that needs input, like a persons name, but if that info is not filled out based on another column how would I make it generate or display a message? I have column - Plates Made By, I want a message to display if this info …
    Accepted
    11 1
    Accepted Answer 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Webinar recording available: Top 5 tips for optimizing your sheets
    In Using Smartsheet
    Missed the webinar? Review the recording in the Smartsheet Learning Center. Top 5 tips for optimizing your sheets. Learn best practices for getting the most out of your Smartsheet, including sheet structure, collaborating in a variety of w…
    264 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Automation Copy Rows
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is there a way, when using the automation copy rows, to select which rows to copy from a sheet instead of it copying all rows?
    Accepted
    31 9
    Accepted Answer 31 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Recurring Tasks
    In Using Smartsheet
    I would like to create a recurring task on a gantt chart without having to create multiple lines. I don't believe this is a feature so can I ask that this feature be put on the list for future.
    68 3
    Answered - Pending Review 68 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Highlighting Gantt Chart Date Columns
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have several projects that were suspended due to Covid issues but are starting to open back up. I have to push out everything due to this suspension and I would like to highlight (or just delete/hide) those date columns during the suspen…
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Locking a Formula in a Column
    In Using Smartsheet
    I created a formula in a column that I do not want people to be able to change, but to still function as people add new information in the rows. By locking the column, will the formula still work (the cell will still populat/update) when…
    103 2
    Answered - Pending Review 103 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet