Using Smartsheet

Archives for January 2021

Discussion List

• Approval Emails - Style Questions
    In Using Smartsheet
    I'm using a form for staff travel requests. Once submitted an email is sent to their manager for approval as part of the workflow. When the email goes out, there are two things I would like to remove: The Row # Footer with "you are r…
    Answered - Pending Review
    12 1
    Answered - Pending Review 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Dashboard Editing
    In Using Smartsheet
    I'm putting together a dashboard and can't figure out why the reports won't align correctly after editing and saving. I also can't find a way to get the columns to be the same size as they are in the actual report. Any ideas how I can fi…
    Accepted
    26 8
    Accepted Answer 26 views 8 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • How to create a time gauge or something similar?
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I am trying to create a widget to display on a dashboard. This widget will give the viewer an immediate idea of where the project is in the project timeline. Ideally, the widget would look like the time gauge image attached. There …
    Accepted
    49 1
    Accepted Answer 49 views 1 comment Most recent by Mark Cronk Using Smartsheet
  • Archiving Design Pattern in Smartsheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, We currently have a very large Smartsheet we use to collaborate with external business partners. I have created workflows to add rows each week, and our cross-functional teams complete tasks related to each of these rows over a per…
    22 2
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Document Generator
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, If I create a drop down list or radio buttons on the document generator it only gives me the option for one box to drag and drop over will the smart sheet know or is there a way to create logic so that if something is selected it's…
    23 1
    Answered - Pending Review 23 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P Using Smartsheet
  • Task Name & Sub-Task Question
    In Using Smartsheet
    We use a team task list for all our projects. We use that for assigning individual tasks. My task list has a long list of assigned tasks but if it is not the primary task from the master sheet all of my sub-tasks just show the sub-task nam…
    24 5
    Answered - Pending Review 24 views 5 comments Most recent by Debbie Sawyer Using Smartsheet
  • Workflow Notification to My Smartsheet Contacts
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I have a workflow setup to notify 4 distribution lists which are standard email addresses. I had to add these distribution lists to my Smartsheet contacts for them to become an option in the workflow. I have Automation Permissions…
    14 2
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 2 comments Most recent by Chris Oberndorfer Using Smartsheet
  • Creating a Workflow to move certain data in a row to a New Sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi There, I am testing Smartsheets on a 30 day trial in order to pitch to my company that this is a tool we need. One thing that would be a big help for us it to cut down on copy and pasting. I see a Workflow for copying an entire row but…
    13 2
    Answered - Pending Review 13 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Automation Notification set up for a sheet that is linked to a main sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Andree has answered my question this morning about Automation Notifications for a sheet that is linked to a main sheet. So I have tested my changes for Automation Permissions and I still have not received my notification. My main sheet is …
    Accepted
    21 6
    Accepted Answer 21 views 6 comments Most recent by Debbie Sawyer Using Smartsheet
  • Publishing Calendar View in SharePoint
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a Release Schedule where I enter dates and tasks in to visually show environment status. iId like to publish the calendar view only to our SP site. I've tried taking the Embed URL but it continues to display the grid view in Shar…
    53 4
    Answered - Pending Review 53 views 4 comments Most recent by BD Using Smartsheet