Using Smartsheet

Archives for August 2021

Discussion List

• Workflow Automation - Character Count
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am trying to add a "data validation" to check that a serial # entered has exactly 10 characters (letters or numbers). I saw someone reference using a LEN count, but I do not see a way to use this function in a workflow. Is th…
    Answered - Pending Review
    18 6
    Answered - Pending Review 18 views 6 comments Most recent by Hatley Using Smartsheet
  • Can an update request url be added as a link?
    In Using Smartsheet
    So currently if I send an update request it sends a unique URL https://app.smartsheet.com/b/updaterequest?ux=Wg-0K6UjB-ez37UYkK5dM1aOEibFCPmn.... Can I somehow attach each of these unique URLs to the specific row???
    9 1
    Answered - Pending Review 9 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Smartsheets Automation Workflow Question
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello Smartsheets Community, I am having an issue getting an workflow automation to run completely. High level, someone fills out a form and submits it. The order of the workflow is as such: The workflow is triggered based on when the r…
    Accepted
    21 4
    Accepted Answer 21 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Copy Rows to Someone's Shared Sheet that allows updates back / forth
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, Hopefully there is a possible solution to what I'm trying to do: We have teams who have their own project lists I've created a project intake form/sheet and want to set up an automation that copies the rows to their individual project …
    11 2
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Liana Lin Using Smartsheet
  • Automatically building projects with unique subsets of tasks based on form (or other) selections
    In Using Smartsheet
    I know Smartsheet offers some professional service like this - but is there a way to learn how to do this independently? Here is what I am trying to do. When a new project comes in (a new client) we ask them which software and hardware tec…
    Accepted
    15 3
    Accepted Answer 15 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Date duration subtraction
    In Using Smartsheet
    Not sure how to explain this. I have attached a photo of how its done in Excel and the actual smartsheet. I have a migration state date of July 28th and several tasks after. I need the cell in start time to change if I decrease or increase…
    37 3
    Answered - Pending Review 37 views 3 comments Most recent by Zane Fielding Using Smartsheet
  • How can I trigger an email notification from a sheet?
    In Using Smartsheet
    Several years ago I could trigger a Smartsheet email notification when the value in a cell changed. Under the current automation capability that doesn't seem possible anymore. I use automated workflows extensively and I trigger them from r…
    17 7
    Answered - Pending Review 17 views 7 comments Most recent by Jim Hook Using Smartsheet
  • Bar Chart Colors based on Value
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a bar chart (below) where i have positive and negative numbers. How can i have the bar representing the negative number to be red, while the others blue?
    22 2
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 2 comments Most recent by SoS | Dan Palenchar Using Smartsheet
  • Automation Notification without link to the sheet.
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is it possible to nofify/alert someone using an automation with these characteristics: Send an attachment in the notification Not sending the link to the sheet Thanks for your responses!!
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Overlapping Two Charts
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi all, I have a column chart showing our actual hires and I was hoping to see if there is functionality to include a line graph on top of that to show the targets we had per month (see example below). If not, I'd be open to suggestio…
    6 3
    Answered - Pending Review 6 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet