Using Smartsheet

Archives for March 2022

Discussion List

• Cross Refence Limit Avoidance
    In Using Smartsheet
    Theory: Limits can be avoided using copy row automations Test Run today: Sheet 1 = Site A Items, 7600 rows, imported using Data Shuttle/Merge Sheet 2 = Site B Items, 7600 rows, imported using Data Shuttle/Merge, multiple columns index m…
    Answered - Pending Review
    4 1
    Answered - Pending Review 4 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Printing in Calendar View
    In Using Smartsheet
    Does anyone know how to get the calendar view to print out nicely with all text entered? I have some items that are longer than one line so when I’m in smart sheet calendar view and I hover I can see the rest of my text but if I want to pr…
    14 1
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet
  • Use Predecessors for a Shared Start Date and Extended End Date
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am working on a marketing project plan template, and some of our campaigns spend multiple days in market. Tracking the performance of these projects happens for the duration of the project plus the duration of an attribution window. Exam…
    18 1
    Answered - Pending Review 18 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet
  • Hi all,
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is there a way to do the following : When a new row is created in sheet , can we automate to convert it into PDF and store it on team folder? Thanks,
    Accepted
    16 1
    Answered ✓ 16 views 1 comment Most recent by Jon Mark H Using Smartsheet
  • How to validate a sheet cell when user saves the record?
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is there a way to validate when a sheet cell contains incorrect data and tell the user to correct it then WHILE STILL IN THE SHEET, without sending an email for the user to go back and correct it? My scenario is that we want people to rep…
    Accepted
    15 2
    Answered ✓ 15 views 2 comments Most recent by Matt Rasmussen Using Smartsheet
  • Counting months between dates across multi-years
    In Using Smartsheet
    How can I calculate out how many months between 2 dates when the dates are in 2 different years?
    Accepted
    16 2
    Answered ✓ 16 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet
  • Summary
    In Using Smartsheet
    Who is familiar enough with Summary feature in sheets, do I need it if I reports built off the same sheet? is there an advantage of one over the other? Thanks in advance Miles
    14 1
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 1 comment Most recent by AnthroTim Using Smartsheet
  • how to grant system admin
    In Using Smartsheet
    I'm sure this exists somewhere but not finding it. Currently, I am the admin for our account. We'd like our IT team to help manage granting licenses and/or collaborators (we are very small). I still want to retain admin privs myself. …
    15 2
    Answered - Pending Review 15 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet
  • Sorting Primary Column in Reports
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi guys, Not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" I can't seem to sort the primary column from a report. From the active sheet (no problem), but the purpose of reports is to have our own view and leave the active sheet alone. And…
    18 3
    Answered - Pending Review 18 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet
  • Including Row Comments in a Message Only Alert Someone Notification
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a scenario where I use the Alert Someone Workflow action, but have it configured to include message only. This is because the users that I'm alerting do not have view or edit access to the sheet. They simply enter requests via a for…
    Accepted
    18 1
    Answered ✓ 18 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet