Formulas and Functions

Let the community help you with that tricky formula or function! See how others are utilizing the power of formulas and functions to save them time and create more powerful solutions with Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Automating RYG Status Balls Based Off Two Date Columns
    In Formulas and Functions
    I have two columns "Actual Start Date" and "Actual End Date", I want to have a formula for the status column using the RYG Status balls that will: - Red when nothing is in either of the two cells - Yellow when there i…
    51 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • COUNTIF Formula Question
    I'm trying to determine a COUNTIF formula to show what deliverables are due in the next 7 day period based upon a Due Date column. However, I'd like said formula to only showcase what deliverables are in the next 7 days and ALSO be able to…
    41 views 1 comment Most recent by Jim Hook
  • Checkbox Formula
    Hi there, I have created a document designed to check off whether or not we have received scores back from our partners using a column of check boxes. I need to input a formula that counts the boxes that have been checked off versus the to…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Semicolons in German language settings
    Hi community, I had a hard time with Smartsheet support (used to be different) regarding my issue. Has anyone else with Smartsheet set to german speaking setup the problem described below? Starting some time last week, Smartsheet starte…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Stefan 7k
  • Automate Harvey Balls Based on Date in a Column
    Hello, This may have been asked previously however I cannot seem to find my specific request that only reference if a date is entered (not range related) so here goes.  I have a Status column on a sheet and have it set to symbol: Harvey B…
    211 2
    211 views 2 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Formula to have status "ball" change color for blank cell
    I would like to have the status "ball" color change to red if the column cell is blank and green if the column cell has a date entered in it.   PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    263 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Defining a range using a variable as the row #
    Hi, Newbie question here. Let's say we have a simple SUM formula: =SUM([Column1]15:[Column4]15) Is there a way to specify the row # using a variable or some kind of reference to a number value in a cell? For example, rather than &quot…
    131 3
    131 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Formulas and Referencing Sheets
    So with the new referencing sheets feature (at least I think it's new) is it possible to have one sheet that would be the master for all summaries and metric information rather than roll them up into extra rows at the top of each sheet?  …
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Daily Notification
    Hi All,  Is there a way to send a daily notification when a task is not complete? The way my sheet is set up is the RYG dots are automated depending on the due date, and based on those dots, notifications get sent (Yellow is the due date,…
    52 1
    52 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Add Custom Image For Trend Widget
    Hi, I am able to setup a widget that is link to a direction symbol (up, down, neutral) for my data. What i want to do is have a customer image for each (up,down,neutral). Is it possible to have a conditional statement that will presen…
    41 1
    41 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood