Formulas and Functions

Let the community help you with that tricky formula or function! See how others are utilizing the power of formulas and functions to save them time and create more powerful solutions with Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Having Trouble with SUMIFS
    In Formulas and Functions
    I'm trying to create a condition based upon user submitted data for over budget flight requests. If the flight type is a One-Way, then whatever the pre-tax amount should be subtracted by the budget amount to give me the over budget amount.…
    2 3
    2 views 3 comments Most recent by Sterling
  • Counting the amount of entries from from entries
    Hi, is it possible to capture the amount of entries that have come in from a form? the form is constantly being populated so i am looking for a live number if possible? Any help appreciated. thank you Dave
    172 9
    172 views 9 comments Most recent by dave.mcpherson56751
  • Help counting entries on another sheet
    Hi, I am trying to count the amount of entries of another sheet that match the name of a row on my master sheet. I have tried to do something with count Ifs and [email protected] but have got a bit lost. So on my master sheet i have the name Bas…
    289 6
    289 views 6 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Stumped with a simple formula - countif with sheet reference
    I feel silly, but I'm stumped.  I'm trying to do a countif with a sheet reference. I want to count how many rows in my Lease Tracker 2018 sheet have Agricultural in the Category column, but I keep getting #UNPARSEABLE.  What am I doing wro…
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Creating Pie Chart with Non-numeric values
    Hi, I would like to build a pie chart that reflects some number of red, yellow and/or green status in a bug tracking sheet. Since pie charts seem to require numeric data, I think that I need to craft a formula that will assign value of 1 …
    1029 2
    1K views 2 comments Most recent by kjthacker
  • Conditions / Rule formula set-up
    I am working on a sheet, and I am very new to this application, where I am tracking P.O.'s, date ordered, date received, etc... and I have 2 columns (at the far right of my sheet or end) that I would like to  If the P.O. Total is < or …
    24 5
    24 views 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Duration roll up values not displaying accurately
    My duration roll ups for child/parents are not working as expected. Can anyone advise of things I could try to resolve why only one parent has a duration total?
    21 3
    21 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Furmula Not Working Properly
    In the following Formula if I use ="Completed" I get the correct Count back. If I change it to <> "Completed" I get 0 returned where it should be 37. =COUNTIFS(Status:Status, <>"Completed", [Due D…
    81 5
    81 views 5 comments Most recent by Jake Knoth
  • if - and formulas auto populating checkbox
    I've created a column titled "Outstanding Approvals", I would like the column to auto populate the check box when "Approval Status" is empty AND when "Start Date" has already begun. I'm using it so I can pull …
    22 3
    22 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Date formula question
    Good morning, we have a sheet we are using to track leads. I've been asked to set up an automated update request to send leads that have a certain status out on the first business day of each month.  In the automated actions, there is no …
    11 8
    11 views 8 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå