Formulas and Functions

Let the community help you with that tricky formula or function! See how others are utilizing the power of formulas and functions to save them time and create more powerful solutions with Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Counting Projects that are 1 Week or More Behind Schedule
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi Everyone, I got a great formula from Customer Success that I thought I would share.  I wanted a way to know if a project was at least 1 week or more behind schedule.  This is what Customer Success gave me: =COUNTIFS(Finish:Finish, TOD…
    11 4
    11 views 4 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • IF statement formula needing help
    I'm needing help completing a formula. The formula that is needed will look specific data in column "A" then specific data in column "B" with the result of these to coming from a different little grid. I've got the 1st…
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Kelli Lenz
  • Automate RYG Balls based on Status and then date
    Does anyone have a formula that looks at a line status (Not Started, In Progress, Complete) and then determines whether it is after the due date (red), <7 days (yellow) , or >7 days (green)? Complete would need to turn green regardl…
    324 2
    324 views 2 comments Most recent by apmarcotte
  • Sheet Name within a Cell
    Hello,   I was wondering if it is possible to write the current SS Sheet name to a cell that you are working on? The reason that i am checking this functionality is due to how certain project plans are created within a Workspace and i n…
    322 1
    322 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Automatically Generate Decision Log from Action Item List
    I’m looking for guidance on how I would (or if it’s possible to) automatically generate line items on a decision log from an action item log column value (separate sheets). What I mean is, whenever the value of “move to decision log” is se…
    367 1
    367 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Formula Counting Courses Required /Taken
    All, Have a smartsheet that shows by student (each row is a student) what course they are required to take.  The student updates the date they completed the course via update requests.   Based on this smartsheet I am trying to find a form…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Chris McKay
  • COUNTIFS Question
    I'm having an issue understanding COUNTIFS in my scenario.  I'm trying to track billable hours, and I'd like to summarize the hours value listed if another column equals a specific value. So I can track how many hours go to which projects…
    11 5
    11 views 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • RYG Automation based on "overall Score" Column
    We do a customer follow up for every job we do. We ask 3 questions rated 1-10.  If "Overall Score" column totals  26-30 points - green ball 20-25 points - yellow ball >20 points red ball. I can get the column to automatica…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Check Box and Conditional Formatting
    Hello,   was hoping to get some advice ... i have a long drawn out conditional formatting expression that will turn a row a certain color once it is all met .. at that point i want a box to automatically be checked to indicate that the e…
    143 1
    143 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Best way to report a top of funnel of requests metric
    Hello,  We are using Smartsheet as an intake form of new projects.  What I need to do is do a COUNT of all the projects that came in for this week and also by product type, and region request.  However, the only way I can think of doing t…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood