Using Smartsheet

Want to know more about using forms? Interested in better understanding automation? Want to see what's possible with dashboards? Post your question or discussion to Using Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Modified Waterfall SmartSheet Template
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello Community, I've just started my trial with Smartsheet and I am planning to migrate from MS Project to Smartsheet due to the flexibility it seem to have in terms of sharing and reporting. I really enjoy the dashboards and sharing se…
    bbg Profile Photo bbg
    75 1
    75 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • If statement to auto link to different cells
    In Using Smartsheet
    On our PM sheet we have stage summaries which show the % complete, start/end date, and a RYG dot. All of this information appears on a dashboard. Currently when we change stages we have to re-link all of the above info to the dashboard but…
    37 1
    37 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Saving Email History
    In Using Smartsheet
    My vote is to save email sent/received history.
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • How to link the RYG balls to the Conditional Formatting
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi there, We currently have a sheet where we have a formula for RYG balls, Status column, % Complete and Conditional Formatting per row. We want to remove the Status column and just rely on the % Complete column and Ample column (where t…
    LTS Profile Photo LTS
    110 3
    110 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Calculate Future Date
    In Using Smartsheet
    I need to calculate a due date that is 18 months out. I have a column for "Actual Run Date" and I have a column for "Expiry Date" so the "Expiry Date" column needs to automatically calculate an 18 months expir…
    466 5
    466 views 5 comments Most recent by Chris McKay
  • Conditional Formatting Duplicates
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, Is there a way to conditionally format duplicates if a value is in a column and if a box is checked? I need this to look through the whole sheet where there are many input values by the customer via a form. Thank you. Brian  
    1064 3
    1.1K views 3 comments Most recent by Chris McKay
  • Cell linking
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have two sheets with several common columns. One of which is closing dates.  I want sheet B closing date column to look at sheet A and pull the closing date for each row. The sheets have common columns for lot# which would be the field t…
    2 2
    2 views 2 comments Most recent by Petek
  • Overwritten Sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    I accidentally overwrote an entire sheet that was linked to dashboard metrics thinking I had "saved as new". Is there a way to revert back to a previously saved version of the sheet, since Smartsheet is a cloud based tool? I have…
    65 2
    65 views 2 comments Most recent by Brad Jones
  • Populating Parent with Child Cell Info
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am new to Smartsheet and was hoping someone can help with this logic expression, or let me know if this is even feasible.  We inspect equipment (blue light emergency towers) bi-weekly. I would like to create a sheet that shows these ins…
    195 2
    195 views 2 comments Most recent by R.Silber
  • Header
    In Using Smartsheet
    I want to add a fixed header that displays above rows on my sheet. I see this is available when printing the sheet, but I need to add instructions and clarification to the published sheet that is viewable by collaborators.
    306 1
    306 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday