Using Smartsheet

Want to know more about using forms? Interested in better understanding automation? Want to see what's possible with dashboards? Post your question or discussion to Using Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• auto tick box checked dependent on all dots green
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi I have several columns when once all green dots turns the row green, done with conditional formatting, however I have a column with a check box and want a formula that automatically ticks the checkbox once all dots in row are green, ple…
    13 3
    13 views 3 comments Most recent by Ofir Marco
  • Random ODBC Errors AND SSIS Errors Saying Sheets doesn't Exist
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi There I use Smart Sheet 32 bit ODBC component to connect to SmartSheet and pull data to SQL server. Suddenly I see errors randomly.  There has been a random error appearing each time the SSIS package is run (SSIS package uses ODBC p…
    22 3
    22 views 3 comments Most recent by senpnathan
  • Working with dependencies is a nightmare
    In Using Smartsheet
    Dear Smartsheet, I have a two change requests, because at the moment working with dependencies is really inefficient and time consuming:  1. Auto calculate lag when creating dependencies: when I create a dependency it automatically chang…
    35 1
    35 views 1 comment Most recent by Ofir Marco
  • Conditional formatting is deleted by viewers when their cursor moves over a row
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have set up a sheet with conditional formatting that seems to work perfectly for me.  When I share it, for viewers or editors, the conditional formatting gets erased on every row they move their mouse over.
    2 1
    2 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • attaching the same document to more than one line
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to attach the same document to more than one line?  Right now, I go line by line, and have to dive deep into a directory to link the attachment.  I'm hoping there's a faster way.  Thanks much!!!  Danie…
    353 1
    353 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Contact Smartsheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a number of issues with things not working in Smartsheet. I have emailed, and not received a response that helps to fix the issue.  I have then been calling the contact number all day, and been unable to get through to speak to any…
    3 2
    3 views 2 comments Most recent by Tim
  • Smartsheet Automated Tasks
    In Using Smartsheet
    Can you create an update request to have Smartsheet read incoming data being added to a new row for duplicate information? We are considering creating a web form for people to "register" with us and want to prompt them (or our s…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by [email protected]
  • Need Help with Calendar View Task Label Display
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am just learning Smartsheet and this is probably an issue with an obvious fix.  I want to see my tasks displayed for my project in the calendar view.  My tasks are listed in the primary column and they are visible in the gantt view.  I c…
    294 7
    294 views 7 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Will renaming a sheet change it's secure sheet link?
    In Using Smartsheet
    So I have a sheet shared with a community of engineers. I will call it Sheet A. It is also viewed by others. Recently we have brought in another team of engineers to assist with a project and I created a duplicate sheet which I will call S…
    34 2
    34 views 2 comments Most recent by Brian V
  • Resource profiling
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a requirement where each task requires a % allocation profile instead of the standard flat % allocation throughout the duration of the task - is it possible to set this up?   For example, a task is 9 months long: Month 1 requires…
    75 1
    75 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood