Using Smartsheet

Post a question about using the core Smartsheet application: sheets, forms, reports, automation, dashboards, and more.

Discussion List

• Is it possible to make reusable update requests?
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have communicated with my team that they can only use Update Requests once when they complete a task. However, I think it would be nice to be able to have an option to reuse them. If this is an option that I'm just not aware of, could so…
    36 1
    36 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Smartsheet Forms
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is it possible to make the Smartsheet forms "smart" and/or more sophisticated looking?  The more my team uses forms to collect data from external individuals, the greater the need to have conditional questions and more sophistic…
    60 1
    60 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Highlight Recently Modified Fields
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is it possible to create a condition that highlights only those fields that have been modified within a specific date range?  I would like the highlighting to appear the way the notification email exclusively highlights new or changed fiel…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Question about embedded webform and filtered sheet in confluence
    In Using Smartsheet
    Dear all, I did some research about the following topic but somehow got stucked and every helping hand is appreciated. What is the current status: Currently we are using smartsheet (lets call it "project_overview") to keep tra…
    121 2
    121 views 2 comments Most recent by Max_D.
  • ability to "nudge" bars in gantt view
    In Using Smartsheet
    Wouldn't it be nice, when laying out a project in gantt mode, to be able to just use the arrow keys to "nudge" the bars left and right in order to tweak the final details? Has anyone figured out how to do this?
    15 1
    15 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay
  • Finish to Start dependency
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a question that I am embarrassed to ask.  I thought that I would know the answer with no doubt .  If you build a task that is dependent on the completion of a previous task with a Finish to Start relationship (very standard)  and th…
    40 1
    40 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay
  • if formula
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, I'm in need of a little help.  I am trying to create a spreadsheet that allows me to calculate the reimbursement amount.  For instance, if the employee returns a receipt over the allowance amount then the total would be the allowance …
    12 3
    12 views 3 comments Most recent by ddietz
  • Hierarchy Rollup
    In Using Smartsheet
    Does anyone know the formula for the hierarchy rollup of children to parent. I want the % complete to be calculated automatically for the parent, based on the % complete of all the children. Apparently it is supposed to happen automaticall…
    16 2
    16 views 2 comments Most recent by Margaret.m.czyl45371
  • Subtasks in CardView
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi Their I currently have 4 sheets which represent 4 departments in a card view ( running multiple kanbans ), off a card may come a subtask that needs to be delivered by another team. i am creating the subtask which creates the additiona…
    290 1
    290 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Count of cross-sheet formulas in a sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Given the limit of 100 cross-sheet references per sheet, is there any way of seeing the total number of cross-sheet references already in place for a given sheet?   My use case - I've got a handful of sheets reaching the maximum amount o…
    13 1
    13 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood