Using Smartsheet

Post a question about using the core Smartsheet application: sheets, forms, reports, automation, dashboards, and more.

Discussion List

• Replicating an Annual Schedule Worksheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am trying to replicate annual pre planned maintenance schedule worksheets eg. copying 2018 and creating a 2019 worksheet. I have done so by opening my 2018 worksheet and 'saving as new' renaming to 2019 then deleting all the 2018 data. I…
    Jem Profile Photo Jem
    31 4
    31 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Error reports
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is it possible to create or set up an alert to let me know of any errors (No Match/ Blocked etc) on sheets that I own? I have a number of sheets that are filled in by a lot of people, and it can be difficult to identify errors quickly.
    106 5
    106 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Resource Flag not showing in Info column
    In Using Smartsheet
    I've logged in today and for some reason the resource flag/indicator has disappeared from the info column on all sheets? Any ideas?
    2 1
    2 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula not showing result
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a sheet where users enter a cost, which is then picked up via x-sheet formulas on another sheet and matched against the relevant budget code. There's another column in the original sheet that then works out via VLOOKUP what the rema…
    88 3
    88 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Checkbox
    In Using Smartsheet
    Once checkbox checked in the smartsheet, some column should not edit how to give the permission. If anyone knows this please help us regarding this
    2 1
    2 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • How do i get count of values against specific names
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have three columns . What i need is a formula to get details - If range responsible person is selected, what is the sum of target  for each person seperately and in a similar way on the actual column what is the sum of actual by each per…
    31 1
    31 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Portfolio Management
    In Using Smartsheet
    Has anyone used Smartsheet as a portfolio management solution?  
    1 2
    1 view 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Form Question
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello! Is there a way to ask a question on a form that when answered will initiate a certain set of questions? For example: Question: Are you apart of the team? DROPDOWN: Yes/No IF someone clicks "yes" it goes to a certain se…
    2 3
    2 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Row ID - Automatic numbering Suffix for Childrows
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi Smartsheeters, is there a way to use the auto numbering column with a logic to change the main "fill" part in respect to the parent row and the "suffix" part with the children?  Lets say my auto-numbering has the f…
    219 6
    219 views 6 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Referencing Data across Many, Many Sheets
    In Using Smartsheet
    What is the best way to do a SUMIF for data that's spread across ~50 sheets? This cannot be done with reports. My data involves how many hours our clients work in each state. There is overlap because a client may work in more than one sta…
    3 7
    3 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå