Using Smartsheet

Post a question about using the core Smartsheet application: sheets, forms, reports, automation, dashboards, and more.

Discussion List

• Web form and linking
    In Using Smartsheet
    Dear all, right now I am struggling a bit as I'd like to implement a web form that is forwarding information into a master table from which the new added row should be directly linked to further sheets to be evaluated and qualified. I ha…
    298 4
    298 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Copying Links of a single cell to multiples on another sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Has anyone else had a problem copying a link to one reference cell to multiples on another sheet? We have the problem of trying to link a single reference number on a master sheet to a group of candidates on a second sheet. Functionality-…
    76 2
    76 views 2 comments Most recent by John S DD
  • CEO interruptions causes delays
    In Using Smartsheet
    My CEO continually interjects his own agenda into the company's workflow.  It's been a challenge for many years, and we all know that he won't change.  So knowing that we, as a company, cannot tell him to stop, I would like to create some …
    45 7
    45 views 7 comments Most recent by Chris McKay
  • A simple functionality request: paste new user email address
    In Using Smartsheet
    When adding a new user (for assigning to a task), one can't currently paste the email address into the required field. It is tedious to have to type the email address and error prone. I believe that would be a simple functionality to add. …
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay
  • Where did the export feature go for Published views
    In Using Smartsheet
    Prior to the major update that was just made if you had a Read Only Published link the user could download an Excel file of the sheet.  Where did this feature go in the new update?  We use this to convey a small segment of information to b…
    35 2
    35 views 2 comments Most recent by Chris McKay
  • automated updating sheet with xls file
    In Using Smartsheet
    Is there any chance to update data on the sheet with new xls without importing it once again ?
    2 4
    2 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Date Column Not Working
    In Using Smartsheet
    When I enter dates into the column titled "Start Date" or "End Date", the data disappears from the cell.  
    182 1
    182 views 1 comment Most recent by NTG
  • Grid Data Entry - Next Column/Next Row after hitting Enter
    In Using Smartsheet
    I'm entering data into a sheet that has two columns. I would like to be able to enter data in the first column and then hit enter and then have it take me to 2nd column, enter data, hit enter and then have it go to 2nd Row, Column 1. Is Sm…
    35 1
    35 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Sheet sharing
    In Using Smartsheet
    I was wondering if there is any way to have different sharing scheme for different sheets in one workspace?
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Filters no longer summarize counts
    In Using Smartsheet
    Before today's update to the new improved Smartsheet, when you used a filter it would give you the count of items it filtered on.  Now it does not do this.  You have to select all elements in a column to see how many there are.  Why did th…
    23 5
    23 views 5 comments Most recent by Scott Francis