Using Smartsheet

Post a question about using the core Smartsheet application: sheets, forms, reports, automation, dashboards, and more.

Discussion List

• how to automatically lock a line
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi all,  As you can see on the print below line 559 goes from "empty" to "Bruna Regina" and about 30 minutes later, same line goes from "Bruna" to "Fabio" at the first action my employee Jessica u…
    229 11
    229 views 11 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Auto-generation duration using start AND end-date predecessors
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello everyone! Is there any way to define start AND end-date predecessors (e.g. 2FS, 3SS) and thereby have the duration calculation auto-generated? Yes, i did put the exact example above into my predecessors column, but it doesn't work.…
    150 4
    150 views 4 comments Most recent by Michael Dillenberger
  • Creating unique units
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi all! I was hoping if anyone had any idea as to whether we are able to create unique units. In excel, you are able to create custom units. Such that if I entered '1000' in a cell, it would automatically be displayed as 1000 mL. I know t…
    17 2
    17 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Redirect smartsheet links to the published link.
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi there,   Hopefully you guys can help me with this, as it would be something that would really help me out with the way my company uses smartsheet.   I have a template workspace I've put together that contains portals / dashboards wi…
    154 1
    154 views 1 comment Most recent by Sheetal
  • "Persistent", one-time date function
    In Using Smartsheet
    I'd like to see a function like "TODAY()", or cell behavior that supports it, that executes only once when an event is triggered so that the date result that never changes.  My use case is a Card view Kanban board with status st…
    12 2
    12 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Smartsheets sends alerts for templates
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have an issue where we have created a bunch of templates that include notifications. Those templates, even though they are not active sheets are sending reminders to the individuals denoted in the column specified in the template even th…
    22 3
    22 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • CountIf from another sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi All,  I am trying to do a COUNTIF and refrence another sheet but I keep on getting an error. =COUNTIF({Go New Products Range 1},Category:Category,"Footcare")  
    2575 3
    2.6K views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Function Help
    In Using Smartsheet
    How would I go about trying to create a formula that scan down a column finding and grouping the same "assigned to" and then grabing that specific %cost and totaling them up in another cell?
    1 2
    1 view 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • auto-numbering Created (Date) grayed out
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am trying to have my sheet keep track of new entries created using my form. I found that I could use Auto-Numbering and select Created (Date), by looking through the forums here. However, when I try to change the properties of my form, t…
    358 3
    358 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Looking for General Help
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am relatively new to SmartSheet.  I have been using it as a glorified spreadsheet for about a year in my small business.  I opted for it due to the notification feature as I work remotely most of the time. As I always seem to do, if I fi…
    12 1
    12 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå