Using Smartsheet

Post a question about using the core Smartsheet application: sheets, forms, reports, automation, dashboards, and more.

Discussion List

• New Hire Checklist Template
    In Using Smartsheet
    Has anyone used this form yet? Looking for an understanding of whether each employee needs to have their own sheet??
    45 1
    45 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Update Smartsheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi everyone, My company just finished our event in 2017, and I want to take the same exact smartsheet from last year and use it for 2018. Is there a way to take all my past bullets, and change the dates to 2018 without changing them all …
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • using "contains" in a filter
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a bunch of numbers in a column, I want to find all the rows that include the # 13 in the number. The "contains" filter option does not work. Need suggestions on finding certain subsets of a longer number on the fly.
    530 2
    530 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • How do you pull form data in sights directly from a sheet?
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am trying automate pulling data entered in the form, that pulls into the sheet to then pull into a sight without using a report as the formatting is not very good, can anyone help?] I have attached a screen shot to support above.   Th…
    31 1
    31 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Project Sheet nested checklist without duration and dependency
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello Community, I would like to nest a short checklist of rows under an activity in a Project Sheet such that the nested rows representing the checklist do not require durations and dependencies. However, SmartSheet requires the duratio…
    43 1
    43 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • hide cell data in a header row
    In Using Smartsheet
    In some of my header rows I don't input data, so I want some of those cells to be blank.  How do I blank them?  See attachment.
    134 3
    134 views 3 comments Most recent by Alison
  • Page break / separation between years / header
    In Using Smartsheet
    We have a pipeline report pulling data from a primary sheet that we need to separate out by year. Is there a way to add a row or page break to distinguish and separate the two years? Also, In regards to header row at top of reports is the…
    246 1
    246 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • combining sheets
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, everyone!   I would like to create a sheet or report that combines all of my other sheets so that I can look at them all together and sort by task. Ideally, this "master sheet" would update as each individual sheet is upda…
    53 2
    53 views 2 comments Most recent by smiller
  • Can you deliver a Sight link on a recurring basis?
    In Using Smartsheet
    Created a dashboard for multiple sheets that I would like to send to stakeholders once a week.  I don't see any options to send other than publishing a link and emailing myself
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by jdeckert
  • How to select one checkbox for a group?
    In Using Smartsheet
    In smartsheet how do I select a checkbox for a group and have it select all checkboxes in that group?
    53 2
    53 views 2 comments Most recent by tylermh