Using Smartsheet

Using Smartsheet

Want to know more about using forms? Interested in better understanding automation? Want to see what's possible with dashboards? Post your question or discussion to using Smartsheet!

Discussion List

• Izzyz88
    Izzyz88 33 views 1 comment Most recent by eric.o
    First post 12/05/18,Last post 12/11/18
    New user to Smartsheets and the logic application from Excel seem to be getting me in trouble.  Looking for an equation (Days Waiting on funding) that will check four columns (Estimate submitted 1,2,3,4). If a date is present how many wor…
    Using Smartsheet331
    Izzyz88
  • tlsisco33006
    tlsisco33006 114 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
    First post 12/11/18,Last post 12/11/18
    I am trying to create a formula to trigger a red flag based on two variables: a date column and a drop down task column. Here is the formula that I have created. What syntax do I use to look for an empty cell represented here with an &quo…
    Using Smartsheet1146
    tlsisco33006
  • xipher
    xipher 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 12/11/18,Last post 12/11/18
    Can we have an autosave feature??   Or do we have to waste time with our mistakes?
    Using Smartsheet11
    xipher
  • NBudd
    NBudd 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 12/04/18,Last post 12/11/18
    Hello! Is there a way to checkbox a column if the following two conditions are met: IF the "Date Opened" date column is one day late AND IF "Date Closed" column is blank.   One date late example - Opened 12/3 and no…
    Using Smartsheet13
    NBudd
  • Anthonyhm
    Anthonyhm 132 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 12/10/18,Last post 12/11/18
    Hello all, I'm looking to count the number of "stars" within a column and have been testing with =COUNTIF(check_column, "true").  This isn't working.  Any ideas?
    Using Smartsheet1325
    Anthonyhm
  • JanAllen
    JanAllen 21 views 1 comment Most recent by Alejandra
    First post 12/05/18,Last post 12/10/18
    First off - love it.  Totally has changed how we are communicating with internal project teams and external vendors.   What isn't working that great: Speed - super slow to access Email Comment Notifications: it would be great if the em…
    Using Smartsheet211
    JanAllen
  • Chase Arthur
    Chase Arthur 285 views 2 comments Most recent by GeoSmile :-)
    First post 08/30/18,Last post 12/10/18
    Any plans in the future for letting us update the dashboard background color to any color we'd like? I'd love to be able to use black for dashboard backgrounds, as well as the backgrounds of the widgets, so that when on TV sets around the …
    Using Smartsheet2852
    Chase Arthur
  • Mike L.
    Mike L. 2 views 1 comment Most recent by Alejandra
    First post 12/05/18,Last post 12/10/18
    I would like to see something like this in the comments.  Just submitted an enhancement request.   Smartsheet Product Enhancement Requests  Category Comments Enhancement Request Summary Ability to Pin a comment to the top of the list…
    Using Smartsheet21
    Mike L.
  • Lou Molinari
    Lou Molinari 26 views 10 comments Most recent by Lou Molinari
    First post 12/06/18,Last post 12/10/18
    I have been using the Dashboard for some time, with various widgets. Today my graph widget show MISSING SOURCE. Yet when I go into edit mode, I see the data, and when I create a new one, and save it, I get the same code. I check others rep…
    Using Smartsheet2610
    Lou Molinari
  • Liz Salituri
    First post 12/09/18,Last post 12/09/18
    Hi- I am looking for someone to work remotely who can create reports and dashboards and provide general Smartsheet consulting. 
    Using Smartsheet11
    Liz Salituri
  • Siferris
    Siferris 72 views 2 comments Most recent by Jake Knoth
    First post 03/19/18,Last post 12/08/18
    Hi folks We're experiencing a rather frustrating issue as of the past 3 days. We post data in to Smartsheet using Zapier. The Zaps are sending the data in just fine, but Smartsheet is not receiving the data safely / posting back a respons…
    Using Smartsheet722
    Siferris
  • moskal
    moskal 34 views 2 comments Most recent by Isaac Jose
    First post 11/30/18,Last post 12/07/18
    I understand how to use the Resource View for resource allocation and view it across Groups/Projects/Users. I am interested to know if I can "turn off" the allocation % view of certain sheets. The reason I am interested in this i…
    Using Smartsheet342
    moskal
  • Mike L.
    Mike L. 2 views 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 12/06/18,Last post 12/07/18
    I'm not sure how to tackle this one, all suggestions are welcome (thanks in advance).  A project manager has 50 projects. They want to document that they have reviewed all project activities (tasks, reports, etc) monthly.  So they are ask…
    Using Smartsheet25
    Mike L.
  • Mike L.
    Mike L. 13 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 11/29/18,Last post 12/07/18
    I have a report where I want to show results where:  field A    does not contain value 1    does not contain value 2    does not contain value 3    .    .    .    does not contain value n Is there any upper limit to this or perfor…
    Using Smartsheet135
    Mike L.
  • lcash
    lcash 215 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 03/09/18,Last post 12/07/18
    Hi,   We have a master data sheet which has other reports linked to it. We have been doing a lot of changes and updates this week but I've gone in this morning and there's big chunks of data missing. Could this be due to the fact that we…
    Using Smartsheet2155
    lcash
  • burkemrich
    burkemrich 11 views 2 comments Most recent by burkemrich
    First post 12/07/18,Last post 12/07/18
    I have a smartsheet that is pushing data to another sheet. Percentages complete are part of the data that is being pushed. On the source smartsheet it shows 45% for a section. On the Target sheet it shows 63% complete for the sames rows. C…
    Using Smartsheet112
    burkemrich
  • craigwaco
    craigwaco 31 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    Hello, I'd like to pin or lock or freeze a column from being edited as that information is going to archiving and doesn't need to be edited for the next 10 years. But I don't want to delete it accidentally, or edit the column contents. I…
    Using Smartsheet311
    craigwaco
  • Andrea Mayer
    Andrea Mayer 135 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    Hello, Is there a way to export a Gantt chart to PDF and also include an image in the file?  Thanks! Andrea
    Using Smartsheet1355
    Andrea Mayer
  • Kronos
    Kronos 2 views 2 comments Most recent by Kronos
    First post 11/30/18,Last post 12/07/18
    Hello! I am new to smartsheet and am having an issue. We have a schedule where we have several different project type options. Depending on the project type, the project types that are not applicable to that project are filtered out and hi…
    Using Smartsheet22
    Kronos
  • Adam Taylor
    Adam Taylor 72 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    I have a portfolio of 20 projects, the project manager of each currently provides me with a weekly estimate of their total capital requirement for the year via an automated update request in smartsheet. At the moment, this gives me a week…
    Using Smartsheet722
    Adam Taylor
  • jslavens
    jslavens 88 views 4 comments Most recent by Lewis Speak
    Trying to list out multiple steps within the same cell - i.e.     Action item 1 * Action item 1.a * Action item 1.b   I need this to print correctly when exported to a PDF. Currently I am able to use 'alt enter' to make a new line wi…
    Using Smartsheet884
    jslavens
  • Swamfax
    Swamfax 14 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
    First post 12/05/18,Last post 12/07/18
    Dear,  I am planning to write an if function for 3 criteria. IF(AND([In Progress - Late]1 >= 1, [At Risk]1 >= 1),[In Progress - On Track]1>=1,) "Red","") I know I am writing it wrong. Can anyone help me stru…
    Using Smartsheet146
    Swamfax
  • Jono
    Jono 276 views 2 comments Most recent by Jono
    Some of my users on the same network as me are unable to access the app.smartsheet.com site. When they go to the site it says site is not available. As if the DNS is not resolving or the server is off. I have tried to move these user to a …
    Using Smartsheet2762
    Jono
  • akhankari71521
    akhankari71521 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Lewis Speak
    Is there way to provide hyperlink of any cell to local drive on the machine likewise in Excel we have that facility ? 
    Using Smartsheet121
    akhankari71521
  • Al W
    Al W 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Alejandra
    First post 11/29/18,Last post 12/06/18
    All attachments for my Smartsheet program are from my Drop Box file on my computer. Staff with access have not had issue accessing them within our network. A staff member has indicated he was unable to open a file from the job site via his…
    Using Smartsheet11
    Al W
  • Sara@
    First post 11/26/18,Last post 12/06/18
    Hi, Can anyone help me on this. I have enabled Parent Roll up functionality for Actual timeline  by using project setting as refer to 1st screen shot. Same way I tried to add duration and timeline for Planned Time line but it is not aut…
    Using Smartsheet21
    [email protected]
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy 2 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
    First post 12/05/18,Last post 12/06/18
    Hi, I am facing an issue..the moment I input new form I could see the information submitted two three rows below the last updated rows..can you please advise. How to fix the issue Row 1 and 2  I inputted yesterday When I tried to create…
    Using Smartsheet25
    Jimmy
  • flevasseur71406
    flevasseur71406 1 view 4 comments Most recent by Jason
    First post 12/06/18,Last post 12/06/18
    Hi, I've got a sheet in which I import from an Excel spreadsheet data on a daily base.  In that sheet I have a  column (RYG balls) with a formula to calculate overdue estimates.  But every time that I import the new data, that column is cr…
    Using Smartsheet14
    flevasseur71406
  • Trooptho
    Trooptho 269 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
    First post 12/05/18,Last post 12/06/18
    Hello,   I have been trying to come up with a formula that works. I am trying to count all of the "request" I have through a certain date. The form that I am using to take requests and the sheet that I am tracking metrics are s…
    Using Smartsheet2695
    Trooptho
  • Marcin P
    Marcin P 1 view 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 12/06/18,Last post 12/06/18
    Hi All,   I have a sheet which is reported for two, exactly the same users. They have the same level of access to the report (as editors with no share options) as well as to the main sheet, but for some reason, one of them just lost abil…
    Using Smartsheet15
    Marcin P