Using Smartsheet

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Using Smartsheet

Discussion List

• kellyhatcher
    kellyhatcher 15 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/09/18,Last post 01/11/18
    I read in an older post the when using forms you can only use values within the drop down even when "restrict to dropdown values only" is not selected.  Has this been resolved yet by Smartsheet?
    Using Smartsheet151
    kellyhatcher
  • Mike T
    Mike T 41 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/09/18,Last post 01/11/18
    I have a standard line graph that my data now exceeds the vertical axis; however, I find no place to adjust the scaling. I the axis from lest to right and it scales, but, now not including 0. It now starts the axis a few values below the l…
    Using Smartsheet411
    Mike T
  • Marcerto
    Marcerto 64 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/11/18
    Hello.  I have set up a basic sheet to track open tasks with due dates.  My question is once the tasks are complete, is there a folder or someplace where I can archive the completed tasks instead of them showing on the same sheet as the op…
    Using Smartsheet642
    Marcerto
  • AndyMorgan
    AndyMorgan 18 views 1 comment Most recent by Alison
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/11/18
    We are trying to create a form or update request (not sure which would be best) that allows external users to select a date and time from a dropdown list and when one person has selected that time it then doesn't allow another person to se…
    Using Smartsheet181
    AndyMorgan
  • Tamara K
    Tamara K 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Dartwohl
    First post 01/09/18,Last post 01/10/18
    Here's the scenario... * I have an auto update request set up that is sent to customers based on key dates related to their project row * I attach multiple files to each customer's project row related to their project. Some of which they …
    Using Smartsheet213
    Tamara K
  • igorTa
    igorTa 24 views 1 comment Most recent by Alison
    First post 01/09/18,Last post 01/10/18
    We will use Automated Update Request to receive projects updates from our partners all over the world. Is there any limit of sent Automated Update Request when multiple changes are saved at once? For our use we will need 200 Automated Upda…
    Using Smartsheet241
    igorTa
  • Shawn R
    Shawn R 19 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/08/18,Last post 01/10/18
    My calendar sync got switched off and when I go to turn it back on it asks for a calendar name. Inputting the same calendar name as the one I want to resync to just creates a duplicate calendar of the same name. I do not want this, I just …
    Using Smartsheet191
    Shawn R
  • Jason Ingram
    First post 01/08/18,Last post 01/10/18
    Hey, slightly complex question: my marketing department services several companies under our corporate banner, and we would love a way for end (form) users to see a calendar of scheduled communications before requesting a new one. We're ho…
    Using Smartsheet171
    Jason Ingram
  • Margaret
    Margaret 16 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/03/18,Last post 01/09/18
    Hi I needed to attach supporting documents from Box. I find it frustrating to do so because * I cannot use Box Sync (offline Box which syncs automatically with Box) to drop the links, instead I have to use Box Online * When I try to link…
    Using Smartsheet161
    Margaret
  • Walle73
    Walle73 14 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 01/09/18,Last post 01/09/18
    Hi Smartsheet! It would be nice to see what weeknumber it is along with the date of the first day of the week in Ganttview. /Martin (Image)
    Using Smartsheet141
    Walle73
  • rkdaley
    rkdaley 124 views 2 comments Most recent by rkdaley
    First post 01/06/18,Last post 01/08/18
    Does anyone use Smartsheets for employee scheduling? I have about 25 people across four sites that I schedule. There are changes everyday. I also need to save a history of the schedules.  I currently use excel and google docs.  Thank you…
    Using Smartsheet1242
    rkdaley
  • Scott Donald
    Scott Donald 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Gwyneth C
    First post 01/06/18,Last post 01/08/18
    Is it just me or did there used to be many more templates available?  Are they moved to new part of website?  What is the best way to find templates?   As I try to get more employees to adopt SmartSheet, the templates appear to be the best…
    Using Smartsheet122
    Scott Donald
  • Andresp
    Andresp 23 views 1 comment Most recent by Schiff A.
    First post 01/05/18,Last post 01/08/18
    Hello all, Can anyone tell me why when importing an exported plan from Smartsheet into MS Project it places some of the %complete to 99% when it should be 0%? It is really annoying. I am currently trying it on a template plan. Thank you …
    Using Smartsheet231
    Andresp
  • pmd48214
    pmd48214 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Alison
    First post 01/04/18,Last post 01/08/18
    I have a task with subordinate tasks, the highest level is not calculating with the rest of the sheet. I have precisely the same setup throughout the sheet and the rest work. Any ideas? (Image)
    Using Smartsheet111
    pmd48214
  • Dajah
    First post 01/05/18,Last post 01/05/18
    We're using a ticketing system and trying to find a way to trigger automatic update requests when a ticket/row has been unacknowledged for more than 12 hours. Currently we're using the comments feature to post updates to the ticket across …
    Using Smartsheet255
    Dajah
  • ekandetzki
    My Smartsheet tracks employee travel. They complete a form to request approval for travel, and then I go into the Smartsheet to approve it. I have a notification set up when I approve based on adding the "date approved," and an a…
    Using Smartsheet121
    ekandetzki
  • dneuffervhs
    dneuffervhs 60 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    Hello, I am trying to use my smart sheet for a event plan. I have the date of the event at the end of the month, but I'd like the fill in the dates of emails and meetings that will be held before hand. Events Dates 1/25/18 to 1/27/18 Me…
    Using Smartsheet601
    dneuffervhs
  • sophie.bewick33806
    sophie.bewick33806 23 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    Hi All, Is it possible to send multiple sheets (all in the same workspace) as an attachment?  The reason I ask is I have 8 reports which will all need to be sent on the same day each month and I was hoping to avoid having the the client …
    Using Smartsheet231
    sophie.bewick33806
  • House Plant
    House Plant 25 views 2 comments Most recent by JamesR
    First post 01/04/18,Last post 01/05/18
    In construction scheduling, we often have weather delays, lag when subs are working out of town, etc in which we need to create a delay mid-task.  i.e., contractor A starts a task on 1/2, is delayed until 1/9 due to cold weather than picks…
    Using Smartsheet252
    House Plant
  • Lauren C
    Lauren C 16 views 2 comments Most recent by Joy Durham
    First post 01/03/18,Last post 01/04/18
    I am trying to view a sheet in calendar view that covers the whole year at a glance...I'm pretty sure it's not possible but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Can anyone help? 
    Using Smartsheet162
    Lauren C
  • Bill Brandt
    Bill Brandt 20 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/02/18,Last post 01/04/18
    I have a rule that say's if % Complete is blank make the cell red. This is not being applied to all the cells that meet this criteria. I have deleted the offending cells to make sure there was no stray data and even copy and pasted a worki…
    Using Smartsheet201
    Bill Brandt
  • LeonW
    LeonW 23 views 1 comment Most recent by LeonW
    First post 01/04/18,Last post 01/04/18
    Hi guys, I'm quite new, so my apologies if this is quite a silly question. We would like to have a sheet that summarizes the open tasks of everyone in the organization. I first tried to structure one Client Sheet, so that I can later add…
    Using Smartsheet231
    LeonW
  • Linda.Wright33626
    Linda.Wright33626 16 views 2 comments Most recent by CanadaJim
    I have a smartsheet created to record time for 6 users. I'm trying to set up a weekly update request or reminder for them to update the sheet with their time from the previous week. I'm not seeing a way to do this. Any suggestions?
    Using Smartsheet162
    Linda.Wright33626
  • Coleph01
    Coleph01 40 views 2 comments Most recent by JamesR
    I have a smart sheet that has about 2400 rows with multiple sections this has been going since 2014 however it is running very slow. How can I fix this or can it be fixed?
    Using Smartsheet402
    Coleph01
  • diane.griffin33501
    diane.griffin33501 64 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/02/18,Last post 01/03/18
    When you edit a metric widget, is there a way to display or determine the sheet and cell a metric widget is displaying?
    Using Smartsheet641
    diane.griffin33501
  • clyons
    clyons 25 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 01/02/18,Last post 01/02/18
    Hi everyone! I made the mistake of creating two forms in one sheet. They two distinct links and are for different events. The issue is that I cant separate the responses based on the sheets. Is there anyway to fix this? I need an accurate …
    Using Smartsheet251
    clyons