Using Smartsheet

Using Smartsheet

Discussion List

• Andreas Gevay
    Andreas Gevay 3 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 01/23/18,Last post 01/23/18
    Is there a possibility how I can insert a excel chart into sight without inserting a snapshot.
    Using Smartsheet31
    Andreas Gevay
  • jwheeler35166
    First post 01/19/18,Last post 01/23/18
    I have created a punch list with a column (checkbox) to mark completed items. I am sharing the sheet with collaborators (non-licensed) by weblink. This will be accessed through the web on a smartphone. These are our field installers and do…
    Using Smartsheet332
    jwheeler35166
  • syndarei
    syndarei 28 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 01/22/18,Last post 01/23/18
    Has anyone used this form yet? Looking for an understanding of whether each employee needs to have their own sheet??
    Using Smartsheet281
    syndarei
  • M_Fox
    M_Fox 13 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
    First post 01/02/18,Last post 01/22/18
    Hi everyone, My company just finished our event in 2017, and I want to take the same exact smartsheet from last year and use it for 2018. Is there a way to take all my past bullets, and change the dates to 2018 without changing them all …
    Using Smartsheet132
    M_Fox
  • Bill Brandt
    Bill Brandt 87 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
    First post 01/02/18,Last post 01/22/18
    I have a bunch of numbers in a column, I want to find all the rows that include the # 13 in the number. The "contains" filter option does not work. Need suggestions on finding certain subsets of a longer number on the fly.
    Using Smartsheet872
    Bill Brandt
  • Harrisd1976
    First post 01/22/18,Last post 01/22/18
    I am trying automate pulling data entered in the form, that pulls into the sheet to then pull into a sight without using a report as the formatting is not very good, can anyone help?] I have attached a screen shot to support above.   Th…
    Using Smartsheet161
    Harrisd1976
  • 412Doug
    First post 01/19/18,Last post 01/22/18
    Hello Community, I would like to nest a short checklist of rows under an activity in a Project Sheet such that the nested rows representing the checklist do not require durations and dependencies. However, SmartSheet requires the duratio…
    Using Smartsheet201
    412Doug
  • brownky77735241
    brownky77735241 27 views 3 comments Most recent by Alison
    In some of my header rows I don't input data, so I want some of those cells to be blank.  How do I blank them?  See attachment. (Image)
    Using Smartsheet273
    brownky77735241
  • Lisa Davis
    Lisa Davis 61 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    We have a pipeline report pulling data from a primary sheet that we need to separate out by year. Is there a way to add a row or page break to distinguish and separate the two years? Also, In regards to header row at top of reports is the…
    Using Smartsheet611
    Lisa Davis
  • smiller
    smiller 40 views 2 comments Most recent by smiller
    First post 01/21/18,Last post 01/22/18
    Hi, everyone!   I would like to create a sheet or report that combines all of my other sheets so that I can look at them all together and sort by task. Ideally, this "master sheet" would update as each individual sheet is upda…
    Using Smartsheet402
    smiller
  • Randy Van Winkle
    Randy Van Winkle 14 views 1 comment Most recent by jdeckert
    First post 01/20/18,Last post 01/21/18
    Created a dashboard for multiple sheets that I would like to send to stakeholders once a week.  I don't see any options to send other than publishing a link and emailing myself
    Using Smartsheet141
    Randy Van Winkle
  • tylermh
    tylermh 26 views 2 comments Most recent by tylermh
    First post 01/18/18,Last post 01/19/18
    In smartsheet how do I select a checkbox for a group and have it select all checkboxes in that group? (Image)
    Using Smartsheet262
    tylermh
  • Sarah Irving
    Sarah Irving 16 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    As we are rolling out SS company-wide, many people are asking if we can have a single summary of notifications sent vs multiple emails each time.  Is this possible? Thanks!
    Using Smartsheet163
    Sarah Irving
  • Yessica
    Yessica 13 views 10 comments Most recent by Yessica
    First post 01/08/18,Last post 01/19/18
    Hello, My goal is to have a formula populate the dues dates with one condition.  Currently Drawing Due Date is populated 2 weeks from Order Date If the  "Type" Column is  "Q" then I need the Drawing Due Date to be 1 …
    Using Smartsheet1310
    Yessica
  • Alan
    Alan 17 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 01/19/18,Last post 01/19/18
    Hi I'm hoping somebody will be able to help please. When i am sending a sheet as 'send as attachment' as a pdf in an email, when it lands on my windows pc it is a pdf attachment, but when it lands on my imac, it is attached as an image. I…
    Using Smartsheet173
    Alan
  • Francesco Tiberi
    Hi, in Card View the Add Card button is only available when displaying All Levels or Level 1. When selecting Level 2 the Add Card button isn't available. Neither it's possible to add a card through right-click.  You need to flip to the …
    Using Smartsheet152
    Francesco Tiberi
  • Gregor
    Gregor 14 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    Hello,    I'm just curious if there is a way to summarize multiple cards while in card view.    That is to say something that will sumup all the hours input for cards with a similar last name or ideally an email address.       (Image)
    Using Smartsheet142
    Gregor
  • Sarah Irving
    Sarah Irving 30 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    Hello! I am using a web form to have people submit nominations for an award.  The submission process has a due date so I will need to disable the webform at a certain point.  Is it possible to customize the "deactivated" message…
    Using Smartsheet301
    Sarah Irving
  • Cobe W.
    Cobe W. 15 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    Is there any capabilities regarding populating multiple lines of a sheet from a web form? My company uses Smartsheet as an AP tool where vendors submit there invoices through the web form I created. My company has over 150 sites nationwide…
    Using Smartsheet151
    Cobe W.
  • Sarah Irving
    Sarah Irving 31 views 2 comments Most recent by Sarah Irving
    First post 01/04/18,Last post 01/18/18
    Hello SS Community!  Does anyone of examples of a Corporate Emergency Preparedness Checklist that one can share with me as a starting point?  Tips greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
    Using Smartsheet312
    Sarah Irving
  • Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield 38 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 01/18/18,Last post 01/18/18
    I have a sheet that has a list of small projects. Each task has a group of subtasks to be completed, situated on the lines below (indented). Each subtask is grouped together with the type of subtasks. Each line includes the subtask name, …
    Using Smartsheet383
    Angie Hatfield
  • m_ragland
    m_ragland 15 views 2 comments Most recent by m_ragland
    First post 01/09/18,Last post 01/18/18
    I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue... I changed my email address associated with SS and unable to get the Calendar to publish to the newer email address.  My old email is deleted out of SS, but still only publishes to …
    Using Smartsheet152
    m_ragland
  • kbreig
    kbreig 15 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 01/18/18,Last post 01/18/18
    Please have a look at the attached screen shot - how do I avoid, or even delete fileds? I made a mistake when I created the new filed - "Work stream. And, it seems I cannot get rid of it, not remove it from being displayed on each ca…
    Using Smartsheet151
    kbreig
  • JEvanThomas
    JEvanThomas 33 views 7 comments Most recent by Burto
    First post 01/16/18,Last post 01/18/18
    I have a project where I have invited my resources to a project and they have accepted, but the red over allocation flag (red person icon) is not triggering. Do resources have to be licensed users?  I believe I have read on various commu…
    Using Smartsheet337
    JEvanThomas
  • jmkeuning
    jmkeuning 30 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrea B
    First post 01/17/18,Last post 01/18/18
    I am brand new to this and am exploring smartsheet. We have a team of ten. We have about 12 projects. Each project is managed by various individuals among the ten of us. Some projects have two people, some have six. The first thing I am d…
    Using Smartsheet302
    jmkeuning
  • sinead
    sinead 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Michael Weiland
    First post 01/17/18,Last post 01/17/18
    Hi All,  I use Send update request to email alias that automatically creates a JIRA ticket.  However the Open Update Form Button - is not linked in the JIRA ticket description ? Any ideas how I can get the Update Form button to open ? …
    Using Smartsheet131
    sinead
  • Kroll
    Kroll 28 views 1 comment Most recent by Schiff A.
    I have  holidays blocked out in my calendar, however there are certain tasks/resources where the holidays don't apply. For instance, China is closed for all of February for Chinese New Year and I have those dates blacked out, but I don't w…
    Using Smartsheet281
    Kroll
  • pierre.w.naude34876
    pierre.w.naude34876 25 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    We are rolling out a new process dependent on two linked template sheets to be shared into workspaces for each new project.  When we share the templates into a workspace today, it appears to retain the links back to the original template i…
    Using Smartsheet252
    pierre.w.naude34876
  • cwait2652
    cwait2652 19 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    I need to send out a form with default values and a corresponding field for the person receiving the form to fill out. I do not want to receiving person to be able to see the sheet the form was created from. Once the receiving person fills…
    Using Smartsheet191
    cwait2652
  • tfry
    tfry 27 views 3 comments Most recent by tfry
    First post 01/05/18,Last post 01/17/18
    All -  I am trying to find an easy way to "roll up" detail we track in a calendar view to show a summary view of the data. We are tracking deliverable assets for a marketing organization, which are organized by Target (Release X…
    Using Smartsheet273
    tfry