Using Smartsheet

Using Smartsheet

Discussion List

• Savilleo
    Savilleo 355 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/16/18,Last post 01/17/18
    Hi I am currently working in a team where many projects (not necessarily related) are running alongside each other. We would like to create a smart sheet master template/dashboard that allows the project manager to manage his/her own smar…
    Using Smartsheet3551
    Savilleo
  • Tricia
    First post 01/17/18,Last post 01/17/18
    Can you create a generic project schedule in Smartsheet?  For example Task 1 starts on Day 1 (start of schedule and month 1) and ends Day 30 (end of month 1), Task 2 starts Day 15 (mid-month 1) and ends Day 90 (end of month 3), Task 3 star…
    Using Smartsheet241
    Tricia
  • L@123
    [email protected] 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/15/18,Last post 01/16/18
    I want to be able to import an excel file that will create auto numbered columns (date created and auto-numbered). Is this possible?  What I am trying to do is as follows: I have created a template to make training quizzes for different …
    Using Smartsheet121
    [email protected]
  • Bara' Al-Hourani
    Bara' Al-Hourani 24 views 2 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/16/18,Last post 01/16/18
    Hello Team,  I am trying to use Smartsheet Merge Add-ons to print a Row in a Web Form Layout.  I have completed the steps but it does not work, Merge Data is stuck on Loading as shown below:  (Image) "Smartsheet Merge will create 1…
    Using Smartsheet242
    Bara' Al-Hourani
  • Jim Schaffhausen
    Jim Schaffhausen 44 views 3 comments Most recent by Schiff A.
    Hello -  I running reports for partners on the team to provide the user a snapshot of tasks due earliest date to latest date. When I sort A to Z on the finish date it is not working. Any ideas   (Image)
    Using Smartsheet443
    Jim Schaffhausen
  • Andreas Gevay
    Andreas Gevay 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Kara Lumley
    Hi, want to count "at risk" check boxes to present at a dashboard.   so I thought fx=COUNTIF(Status2:Status14, "red") works, but it only produces 0 as result   Any suggestion   Thanks
    Using Smartsheet121
    Andreas Gevay
  • Bjg
    Bjg 31 views 1 comment Most recent by Kara Lumley
    Hi, I need to be able to calculate the % complete of a project in the parent row based on % complete of a number of tasks in the child rows and the project duration without using Predecessors column.   Can anyone help??   Thanks, Bill
    Using Smartsheet311
    Bjg
  • Andreas Gevay
    Andreas Gevay 13 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    Hi, want to count "at risk" check boxes to present at a dashboard.   so I thought fx=COUNTIF(Status2:Status14, "red") works, but it only produces 0 as result   Any suggestion   Thanks
    Using Smartsheet133
    Andreas Gevay
  • Leslie
    Leslie 23 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    Hi...I would like my gantt chart to show the task name, start date and end date. Is this possible?
    Using Smartsheet233
    Leslie
  • Dusty Robinson
    Dusty Robinson 114 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    Any column can be selected as the label on a bar in the Gantt Chart timeline display. It would be nice to have the option of selecting multiple columns to display. For instance employee and description, task name and cost, assigned to and …
    Using Smartsheet1145
    Dusty Robinson
    why does my conditional formats fail to function when the set conditions exist?
    Using Smartsheet121
  • Dajah
    Dajah 46 views 4 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/12/18,Last post 01/15/18
    I'm using the ticket template and want to use the update request feature. Currently it seems like the only way to do an update request is to assign it to a specific user, which doesn't make sense if you have an entire department working on…
    Using Smartsheet464
    Dajah
  • John M Lee
    John M Lee 24 views 2 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/15/18
    Is there a way to create a folder in an attachments tab?  We have versions of image files we want to see but would like to be able to create a folder for 'old photos' or something like that within the attachments tab to help sort/seg the a…
    Using Smartsheet242
    John M Lee
  • AnneMarie
    First post 01/10/18,Last post 01/15/18
    I would like to be able to drag & drop Gantt dates in my report as we have several projects going concurrently, and the report is great for big picture.  How do I do that?  Also, how do I reflect a pause in a project, as in we're wait…
    Using Smartsheet221
    AnneMarie
  • Clubs Competitions
    Clubs Competitions 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/15/18
    I'm trying to add the below "IF Statement" but I get the "#UNPARSEABLE" error. "Weight22" is cell that contains the "70%" (which is calculated from a formula.  I want the IF Statement to return the &…
    Using Smartsheet122
    Clubs Competitions
  • Heath Sanders
    Heath Sanders 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/14/18,Last post 01/15/18
    I want my totaling cell to add quote on the criteria below. I have a drop down list in column 1 , in that list I have (con/fine, con/course, con/xtra, ash/fine, ash/course, ash/xtra. grind/fine, grind/course, grind/xtra........this contin…
    Using Smartsheet121
    Heath Sanders
  • Matt Sim
    Matt Sim 141 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    I have couple of 'Resource View' questions... 1. Is it possible at all to use a single sheet to have multiple projects (as multiple parent tasks) and have 'resource view' to show the allocation against the parent tasks rather than multipl…
    Using Smartsheet1411
    Matt Sim
  • AD
    AD 23 views 2 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    Hi guys, any advise on how works with % completed vs planned % completed as smartsheets only has column for % completed?, has anyone achieved to make a similar column for planned %?
    Using Smartsheet232
    AD
  • Shawn R
    Shawn R 45 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    Hello, I recently had an issue with calendar syncing, you can see the thread here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/resyncing-google-calendar As you can see in the response to the thread that a resync option isn't available. I…
    Using Smartsheet451
    Shawn R
  • Norman Harris
    Norman Harris 148 views 2 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    I want to edit an e-mail associated with a collaborator because it has changed.  There seems to be no way to edit anything in the Sharing area.  I know how to edit My Smartsheet Contacts, but that doesn't help.  Sometimes the collaborator …
    Using Smartsheet1482
    Norman Harris
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Tony Coleman
    First post 01/15/18,Last post 01/15/18
    Hi all, I need some help... Whilst I am of the understanding that you can set up notifications when a user makes any changes to a sheet, is there any way you can be notified if someone has in fact opened a sheet they have been invited to…
    Using Smartsheet121
    AmandaJ
  • Stoneblue23
    Stoneblue23 11 views 4 comments Most recent by Stoneblue23
    On one of my sheets we have a column with order reference numbers with the following format XYZ0123. I have been trying to set up a conditional format to warn me if I am reusing a previous number further down in the same column. So, if I e…
    Using Smartsheet114
    Stoneblue23
  • kym4639
    kym4639 11 views 2 comments Most recent by kym4639
    First post 01/10/18,Last post 01/12/18
    Good morning! I have 3 sheets that work together to serve various functions, including taking daily attendance. MASTER CAST LIST lists each person's name, SIGN IN SHEET and CONFLICT CALENDAR are driven by forms with contact formatted drop…
    Using Smartsheet112
    kym4639
  • GalauL
    GalauL 94 views 2 comments Most recent by GalauL
    Hi, I am new to Smartsheet. Is it possible to delete a Workspace? If deleting a Workspace is possible, can I please get the steps to do this? If it is not possible to delete a Workspace, what practice(s) are users implementing for Work…
    Using Smartsheet942
    GalauL
  • joe taylor
    joe taylor 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    can i set a notification that is driven by a date and a name. ie i have a date column with a date range for my local school term, showing weekdays only. my next column is a recurring set of names, and finally my third column is a column ti…
    Using Smartsheet121
    joe taylor
  • L3GS3L3V3N
    L3GS3L3V3N 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    Hi guys, we've been using smartsheet for about a month now. We have our client list set up in card view which is taken from my smartsheet contacts.  If you hover the mouse over the contact it only shows their name and email address.  Is th…
    Using Smartsheet121
    L3GS3L3V3N
  • kwheeler
    kwheeler 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/12/18
    Hi there, Looking to create a map through a smartsheet to show current jobs we are working on. I have created one but am looking to integrate a little bit more information than it is offering. Is there a way to have the ability to click t…
    Using Smartsheet121
    kwheeler
  • Stoneblue23
    Stoneblue23 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Stoneblue23
    First post 01/12/18,Last post 01/12/18
    I'm new to the fantastic community and have a question re data privacy. When registering with my Smartheet details I was required to allow the Smartsheet Community App to "Read Sheets, including attachments and comments". I presu…
    Using Smartsheet122
    Stoneblue23
  • william.fx.bevilacqua14886
    william.fx.bevilacqua14886 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Robert S.
    First post 01/03/18,Last post 01/12/18
    I’m trying to get a count based on 3 different conditions. The formula that I have so is =countifs($[it track]$2:$status$500, “01. Reporting”, $[it track]$2:$status$500, “ Tier 1”, $[it track]$2:$status$500, “Green”)  If all 3 conditions…
    Using Smartsheet122
    william.fx.bevilacqua14886
  • Dan Pagliarulo
    Dan Pagliarulo 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Kara Lumley
    First post 01/12/18,Last post 01/12/18
    I have been with my company for 9 months now,  and prior to my employment that have not heard of smartsheet.  I purchased Smartsheet before I was employed here and intrduced it to the company.  Since then the company has seen how useful it…
    Using Smartsheet121
    Dan Pagliarulo