Using Smartsheet

Want to know more about using forms? Interested in better understanding automation? Want to see what's possible with dashboards? Post your question or discussion to Using Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Is there a way to apply automated actions to sub-tasks?
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a sheet that has a list of small projects. Each task has a group of subtasks to be completed, situated on the lines below (indented). Each subtask is grouped together with the type of subtasks. Each line includes the subtask name, …
    62 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Google Calendar/Publishing To Incorrect Email
    In Using Smartsheet
    I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue... I changed my email address associated with SS and unable to get the Calendar to publish to the newer email address.  My old email is deleted out of SS, but still only publishes to …
    12 2
    12 views 2 comments Most recent by m_ragland
  • Non-checked fileds on Card settings show anyway?
    In Using Smartsheet
    Please have a look at the attached screen shot - how do I avoid, or even delete fileds? I made a mistake when I created the new filed - "Work stream. And, it seems I cannot get rid of it, not remove it from being displayed on each ca…
    12 1
    12 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Over Allocation not yielding/triggering the red individual flag...
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have a project where I have invited my resources to a project and they have accepted, but the red over allocation flag (red person icon) is not triggering. Do resources have to be licensed users?  I believe I have read on various commu…
    52 views 7 comments Most recent by Burto
  • Adding people to a project
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am brand new to this and am exploring smartsheet. We have a team of ten. We have about 12 projects. Each project is managed by various individuals among the ten of us. Some projects have two people, some have six. The first thing I am d…
    42 2
    42 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrea B
  • Send Update Request - Button not Hyperlinked in JIRA ticket
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi All,  I use Send update request to email alias that automatically creates a JIRA ticket.  However the Open Update Form Button - is not linked in the JIRA ticket description ? Any ideas how I can get the Update Form button to open ? …
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Michael Weiland
  • Independent work days for tasks or resources?
    In Using Smartsheet
    I have  holidays blocked out in my calendar, however there are certain tasks/resources where the holidays don't apply. For instance, China is closed for all of February for Chinese New Year and I have those dates blacked out, but I don't w…
    42 1
    42 views 1 comment Most recent by Schiff A.
  • Sharing Two Linked Template Sheets
    In Using Smartsheet
    We are rolling out a new process dependent on two linked template sheets to be shared into workspaces for each new project.  When we share the templates into a workspace today, it appears to retain the links back to the original template i…
    22 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Specification sheets
    In Using Smartsheet
    I need to send out a form with default values and a corresponding field for the person receiving the form to fill out. I do not want to receiving person to be able to see the sheet the form was created from. Once the receiving person fills…
    33 1
    33 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Rollup Calendar View
    In Using Smartsheet
    All -  I am trying to find an easy way to "roll up" detail we track in a calendar view to show a summary view of the data. We are tracking deliverable assets for a marketing organization, which are organized by Target (Release X…
    42 3
    42 views 3 comments Most recent by tfry