Smartsheet Dashboard Embed Power BI

dweir
dweir
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

The new dashboard feature for Smartsheet says we can embed power BI reports by publishing to web, but doing that in Power BI makes your report public to everyone. How can I embed while still mainting privacy as these reports have company information?

There is a Power BI option that allows you to embed directly to Sharepoint, but that link doesn't seem to work for smartsheet.

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! At this time, in order to embed a Power BI report, you would need to click File > Publish to Web, and copy the embed code or link provided and paste it into the Web Content widget field.

When using the Web Content widget, certain applications require that you publish content to the web in order to obtain the required embed code. This means that you may expose otherwise private documentation to anyone who obtains the link themselves. For more information on this, please see this Help Center article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2477606-web-content-widget). 

With regards to Sharepoint, currently we don't have the ability to embed a Sharepoint page URL but I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to our Product team so that they can consider it for future capability. If you would like to request a domain to be approved, we also invite you to please fill out this form.

To ensure that the information within the Dashboard is private you could consider the following:

• If you are publishing the Dashboard, you can use the Access Control options to control whether the link will be accessible by anyone or only by users in the dashboard owner's account. You could also copy and share the link that's available in the Dashboard Properties window. The link available from the properties window is secure and only accessible to shared collaborators. More information on publishing Smartsheet items can be found here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522078-publishing-smartsheet-items
    • You can control which users are shared to the Dashboard, and have access to the data embedded in the Web content widget. All shared collaborators can use the secure sheet link to open the dashboard directly, however, when using the link, users will still be prompted to log in to Smartsheet (if they aren't already logged in) in order to access the data.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this and I’ll be more than happy to advise further!

• angczo
    angczo ✭✭

Hi Kelsey,

Is there any further development on that?

It would be good to have an option to share internal dashboard securely in SharePoint without users additionally login in to Smartsheet.

Kind regards,

Angelika