Urgent help needed - raport self locked all columns

Marcin P
Marcin P
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi All,

I have a sheet which is reported for two, exactly the same users. They have the same level of access to the report (as editors with no share options) as well as to the main sheet, but for some reason, one of them just lost ability to edit anything!

All columns are shown as locked!

Do you have any idea what could happened? It is one of our most used sheets. All I did today was to delete some rows from in main sheet, but this should not have any influence on the report at all.

Comments

• Hello Marcin,

Only the sheet owner and admins have the ability to lock and unlock columns within Smartsheet.

Do you know who the owner or admin is? If so, I would recommend reaching out to them and have them right-click the columns and select 'Unlock Column'.

Here is the article for the column lock feature if it's useful: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522077-locking-unlocking-columns-and-rows

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thanks

Lewis

• Marcin P
    Marcin P
    edited 12/06/18

The point is that these columns are not locked at all.

I am an admin and I built these sheet and report. I have checked other sheet and report that this user is working with and everything is fine. 

Is there any way to share these sheet and report with you securely so you could have a look and check what could be wrong?

Yet, this user is able to edit source sheet without any problem but not the report... This is a little bit strange ;]

• Lewis Speak
    Lewis Speak Employee
    edited 12/06/18

Hi Marcin,

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. 

Can you please drop an email to support@smartsheet.com with the sheet + report name.

I'll pick the ticket up and be in touch via that channel shortly afterwards.

Thanks

Lewis

• Done.

thank you in advance!

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Please let us know if you figure out the cause of this! The community is always interested in getting to the bottom of strange occurrences in Smartsheet. #AlwaysLearning