New Navigation Improvements to Smartsheet

Comments

• These changes are horrible.

• alano10
    alano10 ✭✭✭

Let's take something that was once simplistic and fluid and make it difficult and clunky. Is Smartsheets now a government entity? 

2p9reo.jpg

• I think you nailed it.  And, I don't think they will ever reply or acknowledge any of the complaints.

• Tend to agree.  Tabs were a much better approach to navigation.  I'd say this is a major step backwards and has significantly reduced the value of Smart sheet in my organization.

• Dawn Morgan
    Dawn Morgan ✭✭✭

I'm struggling myself.  It's actually created extra clicks for me to constantly click the Navigation window and then the home button.  So my fall back is to do  like I did before which is to have 5 or 6 Smartsheet sessions open so I can have 6 sheets active at a time.  Saves me time from getting back to home.

• Dawn Morgan
    Dawn Morgan ✭✭✭

I AGREE!   It's actually created extra clicks for me to constantly click the Navigation window and then the home button.  So my fall back is to have 5 or 6 Smartsheet sessions open so I can have 6 sheets active at a time. Frustrating. I shouldn't have to open Smartsheet in 6 IE tabs to work more efficiently.

• Please revert the tabs, or make it user-selectable. 

The new system is much less efficient.  I routinely switch between several specific sheets, so having them open open and ready to go in one window when I log in to smartsheet was a boost to my workflow. 

Browser tabs are a poor workaround because I now have to open each tab individually every time I login. It is slower, less organized, and clutters my browser.

• Without wanting to be too negative, nearly all my colleagues who use Smarthseet within the organistion have complained. It is a backwards step. 

The left hand side bar needs to be able to be pinned. Far too much clicking now has to be done to quickly navigate. 

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am in agreement that the new layout isn't work-efficient. I have a set of 8-10 sheets/reports that I constantly go back & forth on, and they were always one click away.

I appreciate the attempt at streamlining, but this just isn't effective for a busy work day.

Can there be the option to use the new layout or the classic version? 

Blessings,

Loann

• Yep -- I definitely think we're going the way of Google Docs.  Just like Smartsheet except it is free AND you can see people making changes to a sheet in real time and do not have to refresh.  Thanks for making things more difficult Smartsheet.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sad to say that the above comments reflect my disappointment and that of my colleagues and clients.

My immediate issue is... when using Tabs in Chrome to hop from sheet to sheet as we do our work, the Auto save used to work well. However not in that scenario which is really annoying. 

I can only hope for Smartsheet's own sake there is a Back Button and they use it! Mark Mader, we love what you have done in the past, but this is a mistake, please reverse it?

We can probably manage with the new system if we have no choice and we will find workarounds, but just to prove you care about us all, Reverse it? 

Richard Rymill 

Lead Consultant at Smarter Business Processes who make our living helping Smartsheet users get the best from it.  

• Soooo.....When are they changing it back?

• Have to add my name to the many who are upset about the navigation changes. I realize upgrades can take time to get used to, but this one is actually about efficiency--it's been lost. Quite a few more clicks to achieve what I need to, the open left panel takes up much-needed screen space, and the non-permanent layout/sorting of the sheets is a nightmare! We are so disappointed as this is costing us time. Please adjust the update so tabs are again an option. 

• LMR65
    LMR65 ✭✭

I really detest this new set up.  The tabs were a much better option.  I could quickly jump from one to another and when I wanted to close one, I simply clicked the X.  Now, I have to open multiple browsers or tabs or save them as favorites, which I generally don't want to do because I'm not in most of them frequently enough to make them a favorite.

Go back to tabs!