New Navigation Improvements to Smartsheet

Comments

• I REALLY REALLY like the new navigation. Love it!

• Miha Lenasi
    Miha Lenasi ✭✭
    edited 12/20/18

With the recent updates to the navigation interface and a lot of complaints from our users, I created how a simple and effective layout should look like. The current layout takes too many clicks and also the interface is getting too cluttered.

Smartsheet should be simple and effective, with the most as possible data in the viewport. Data has to be the primary viewport, not 1000 options and functions, which they should reside in the Menu / row option, as they are not needed daily.

Other users please join the discussion and let the Smartsheet knows your suggestions.

New SS

SS2019.jpg

• Any chance the webinar mentioned in this post can be made to view on-demand?

• baddams
    baddams ✭✭✭✭

This doesn't fix the issue, but you can bookmark a set of browser tabs in a folder and you can open all bookmarks in the folder.

• baddams
    baddams ✭✭✭✭

I have submitted a product enhancement request, but my biggest beef is the inability navigate through home and leave your current sheet open, as well as the inability to 'open in new tab' when browsing through home or using search. We use Smartsheet to manage 400-500 projects, so the directory and search functions are critical to our users.

• Is there any option (at a user or account level) to revert to the old navigation? I have given this a week to try and adjust but it is not working and we REALLY miss the tabs.

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think everything I've been experiencing has already been mentioned by other users, but to sum it up: I'm doing more to get my work done than before. Smartsheet is all about building efficiencies--at least that's how we've been using it--and this seems like a step in the wrong direction. I have faith this will get better in time but I think it's really important users share their perspectives in the hopes that we'll be heard!

Hoping week 2 with this new interface will get easier.

• I would like to suggest adding tabs to the top of sheets that would allow you to switch between different sheets.  This would be a HUGE step forward in efficiency. 

And while I personally preferred the Home page, if we are going to stick with the left-hand menu, can we return to the Home menu instead of the Recents?  Or, just remember where you were and return to that place?

I think if Sheet tabs were added at the top of the interface with an option to open the Home menu instead of the Recents menu, this new update would definitely be moving in the right direction.

• Please roll back the interface. This change takes up a huge amount of real estate and who wants to spend time bookmarking sheets? I miss the ability to open several sheets at once without having to bookmark. I really hate the "recent" feature.

• Hi Karl,

A major part of Smartsheet's beauty was that it was self contained. I could have my ticketing system, email, system of record etc open and available and only have one smartsheet tab open. Inside that tab all my smartsheets were at my fingertips. (with things moving to the cloud as well... MORE TABS!!)

The new layout means If I am switching between tabs (aka sheets) they are easily going to get lost in the millions of other tabs I have open. May as well use a google dock or excel sheet.

Without being familiar with Smartsheet it may be harder to explain, but I'm sure as you can see, ditching the self contained model was a really bad decision. I've been fielding questions from my team about if we can revert or should switch to something else. Why pay for an additional service when we could use a free or service we already pay for (like a document storing software and just put excel files up there)? Considering we are an enterprise license you would think Smartsheet would be very invested in this feedback!!

I hope this shed's some light on this, but it absolutely changes the feel and flow of smartsheet.

• Is this a setting I can adjust in Smartsheet for all users or do I have to do this on each individual system?   (Forgive me I am not IT; however, Smartsheet is my baby.)

• The ability to see real time changes is one item our company misses most.  Trying to explain to an older workforce, with very little computer skills, that:

- you can no longer see what cell Sarah is in (Google Sheets)

- but if you look at the top and see a little circle that means someone else is in the document

- and may be making changes so make sure you manually save as often as possible to get your information in there first...

Many ask - why the move?

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What setting are you wanting to adjust? As to the new layout, there's no adjusting - it is what it is. No more tabs (and no way to restore them). The best you can do is to "pin" those sheets/reports that you use frequently in either your favorites, home, or recently opened areas of the new layout.

• I agree 100 percent. The navigation is terrible and I feel like I'm working in a fog. This new interface has cost Smartsheet their leading edge.