Exporting Sheet Content into a Formatted View

John J
John J
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We have a Smartsheet that is being populated from a webform that is collecting scholarship submissions.  We want to provide a summary page for each application that includes the questions and answers.  So if the sheet has 10 rows (applicants), we want to generate 10 different summary sheets in a view that is easy to read.  Looking for suggestions on how we can automate this in Smartsheet where it will generate each summary based on the entries in the scholarship Smartsheet. 

Thanks in advance,

- John 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi John,

I can think of a few ways to set this up.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andrée . We are in the process of design this currently, so I don't have anything to share yet. 

The process will have applicants complete a webform designed in Formstack to support the necessary branching actions.  The information provided will be added to a Smartsheet, where there will be one row for each application. 

That information will include basic details like name, address, phone, email, birthdate.  It will also include information like Work History and Extracurricular Activities, where the number of entries will vary by applicant and details provided will include long text answer describing roles, responsibilities, etc. There will also be short essay questions.  

On the backend, the applications will be assigned to panelists to review.  We are looking for a way to take the information collected from the application and present it to the panelists in a way that's easy for them to review.  The idea is that this would be a multi-page view where the information is presented like:

Name: John Doe

Phone: 123.555.1212 

Summary of Experience: Short essay answer appears here, where there will be multiple lines of content.

Question One: Short essay answer appears here, where there will be multiple lines of content.

And so on ....

Hopefully that helps better explain what we are trying to accomplish.

- John 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

I have a few ideas on how to set this up.

• Create a PDF from Formstack
    • Integrate with DocuSign, and then the panelist can approve, take notes and more.
    • Integrate with Smartsheet Merge to Google Doc, and bulk create PDFs or/and Google Docs on the specific applicant automatically, and you could use an Approval workflow/Update request to automate and simplify even more.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi John,

How did it go? Did you get something set up?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting