New Navigation Improvements to Smartsheet

Options
1235»

Comments

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't stress enough that since it's release, this new navigation has NOT become easier to work with. It's a struggle to use, I feel flustered when having to use the tool in meetings with business partners, and I've become reliant on the search function to open everything instead of trying to finagle the nav bar/home/inconsistent and confusing layout. I love you, Smartsheet...really, I do! But please find a way to revert this change. Your users have spoken loud and clear!

• I would also like to see the option to indicate which Nav window opens by default - Home or Recently Opened.  I miss having my tabs because that was easiest for me, but at minimum the ability to quickly see the workspaces and their worksheets without being limited to those recently opened and without having to make extra clicks would be ideal.

• Heidi Nyline
    edited 01/16/19
    Options

Please provide an option to leave the left panel open all the time. The sooner the better.

• Robin Sherwood
    Options

Auto save is a per user setting. 

• rthorne
    Options

At the very least I need to have the ability to pin the left home tab open. This is ridiculous... 

• Katy W.
    Katy W. ✭✭
    Options

So far, I am really unhappy with this most recent update.  Having the 'tabs' was much quicker rather than having to keep re-opening the left pane and clicking the home button and searching again for the sheet I need.  Smartsheet already moves rather slowly at times and now this has just increased the time it takes to complete my work.  The new layout uses too much screen space and it stinks to hide an unhide all the time.  I wish Smartsheet would revert back to the previous layout.  The other thing that is really inconvenient is when using the 'Search' function, it no longer highlights/outlines the row you searched, making it difficult to see which row you were looking for. 

• Rofonic27
    Rofonic27 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You know that line in Spinal Tap where they gave the album a two-word review..... 

• Arne Carlson
    Options

I have to add myself to the list of dissatisfied users as it relates to the UI changes. So many more clicks! 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Griffin Aufranc
    Options

I may be a little late. but the tabs were great.  I also vote to go back.  Or at least be able to pin the recently used to stay open.... its is miserable going back and forth.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Griffin

we understand your pain! 

To improve your experience can I make the following suggestions.....

Use a Library sheet that lists all the popular sheets you use and create a hyperlink to them (behind their name) then embed that in a dashboard. Then each time you click a Hyperlink you open a new tab in your browser. (Ideally Chrome?)  

Or create a folder in your browser and list your favourite sheets Or have your browser automatically open your favourite sheets when you open the browser? 

Hope that helps ease your pain? 

RichardR

Smarter Business Processes..com 

• Jodie Kelley
    Options

I created a dashboard and used the Shortcut Widget to centralize all my link. I save all my quicklinks to sheets, reports, folders, etc. as URLs. so they open a new page when clicked on. I made grouping of quicklinks, placing several shortcut widgets to group by project, related items, or subject.

Jodie Kelley - Sys Admin, Hines

jodie.kelley@hines.com

2020 Smartsheet Product Certification