Dashboard width

Options
Kirstine
Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there any way to widen a dashboard? We have a 6ft touchscreen monitor that displays our dashboard at all times, however we can only see a small number of Widgets and they're HUGE! I'd like to be able to fiddle with this, much like you can with your desktop... is this possible? 

Tags:

Comments

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have to say I've been using smartsheet for years and I've found most of the upgrades to be really useful! I'm always finding new ways of using it to make life easier for my team. I suppose it depends on what you're using it for though, and unfortunately it has to be one size fits all...!  :D

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that there is a lot of wasted space on a dashboard to the left and right. 

In your particular case though, it sounds like it may almost be a screen resolution issue. Can you post an image of what exactly you are seeing?

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for coming back to me Paul.

I don't think it's resolution as it's the same on my PC and I have that set to the highest possible (1920 x 1080). I've done the screenshots from here rather than the 6 ft touchscreen but it's the same issue. 

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just to give you an idea, if I change the browser magnification you get an idea of how much we have on the Dashboard... it would be great if we could get more into the screen at one time if that makes sense? 

Screenshot3.png

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah. Ok. I see what you're getting at now. unfortunately the only solution to being able to view more of the dashboard would be to adjust the browser magnification.

I'm not sure how exactly your large screen works, but if you can display multiple windows at the same time (I assume you can), it may be beneficial to break your dashboard down into smaller pieces that will fit the size accordingly and then just display all of them at the same time.

I know that is far from ideal, but unfortunately those would be your options outside of adjusting the actual widget size so that they are smaller and thus freeing up more room near the top to squeeze stuff in.

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the help and suggestions, I think I'll try several dashboards and see how that goes down!

I'll submit an enhancement req though, as it seems silly that you can't adjust it! 

• Steven Easter
    Options

This seems so easy to fix, somebody get this done!