Formula for Duplicates

Ivilla
Ivilla
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am looking for a formula that does not count the duplicates so that it can count unchecked boxes. Does anyone know of one?

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.23.09.png

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Try this.

=COUNTIF(Checkboxes:Checkboxes; 0)    

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.  

=COUNTIF(Checkboxes:Checkboxes, 0)

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Alison
    Alison Employee

Hi Andrée, I'm working with the user above and what we were hoping to find was a formula to check a box if the user assigned was duplicated.  For example, the second instance of my name should check the box, etc.

• Hi Alison,

This might give you a start: 

Used for counting UNIQUE/DISTINCT values only by putting a 1 on first instance of a row value. Great for finding duplicates too. Example: If [Project Name] has 20 random rows of PlanA and 15 random rows of PlanB, you can put this formula in a helper column and when totaled, you'll get a value of 2. Important to keep the $ sign on the first row for when you auto fill down.    

Ex: a form is used to collect surveys from people and some people are submitting more than once, if you want to count the unique people and not all the multiple surveys they submitted, use this formula.

IF(COUNTIF([Project Name]$1:[Project Name]@row, [Project Name]@row) <> 1, 0, 1)

Hope it helps!

Kara

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Alison,

Ok. I see that Kara answered. Did you get it working?

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.