Status Change if Column Checked

lisarae723
lisarae723 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a formula that just doesn't want to work for me. Currently my status column changes according to the {Proof Approval - Kim} column. It works fine (formula shown below)

Now I want to add on to this formula so, if the column {Out For Approval} is checked, I want the status to change from "In Prepress" to "Out For Approval". 

Status Column:  

=IF([Proof Approval - Kim]@row = "approved", "proof approved", IF([Proof Approval - Kim]@row = "not approved", "pending", IF([Plate Number]@row = "", "Pending", "In Prepress")))

Can anyone help (screenshot also attached)?

Approval Status.png

Comments

• Hello,

Happy to help! If you'd like the status to change from "In Prepress" to "Out For Approval", if the column {Out For Approval} is checked, you can achieve this by adding to another IF Function to the formula. The IF Function will recognize if the column Out For Approval is checked, which is represented by the value 1. 

The formula would look like this:

IF([Out For Approval]@row=1,"Out For Approval")

Being that you would want this formula to be considered before the "In Progress" because of the order of operation you'll want to place it at the beginning of your formula. Similar to this:

=IF([Out For Approval]@row=1,"Out For Approval",IF([Proof Approval - Kim]@row = "approved", "proof approved", IF([Proof Approval - Kim]@row = "not approved", "pending", IF([Plate Number]@row = "", "Pending", "In Prepress"))))

Have a wonderful day,

Eric  -  Smartsheet Technical Support

• lisarae723
    lisarae723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated. I do have another question though, is there a way to have the sheet automatically check a box when an attachment is added by a specific person who is not updating via a web form?

I tried to do it using the system column {created by} however, that only works if this is the last task being updated. Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Lisa

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Lisa,

It might be possible with the help of a third-party service like Zapier or similar. It could also probably work with the help of the Smartsheet API.

Is that an option?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!