Scroll bars only work when mouse is on top of them in Chrome

Melissa Campbell
Melissa Campbell ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

In Chrome, the scroll bar works when you manually drag it but does not work while using the mouse. The manual dragging is a reasonable workaround but would be nice to be able to use the scroll around on the sheet without the scroll bar. 

This scrolling is not an issue in Firefox or Explorer.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My scroll bar works in Chrome.

Logitech wireless mouse.

Scroll Up/Down

Shift+Scroll Left/Right

Check your mouse settings.

Craig

• This happens for select users at my organization as well. Any help regarding this issue would be great. It has nothing to do with the settings of the mouse as it works for me but on an identical machine with identical settings it does not work.

MB Pro using the built in trackpad.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jonathan,

I have an MB Pro, and it works for me in Chrome. Do they have any plugins/add-ons that you don't have? 

What happens when they try to scroll? Does the window move at all or does something else happen?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JLH
    JLH ✭✭

Ditto - have a client with same issue - any help?

• Susan Richardson
    edited 09/01/20

Experiencing same issue! This just started today. It worked just fine up through yesterday, for the last 2 years. I have never had this issue. My scroll wheel works perfectly fine in all other browsers and programs. I have a logitech mouse, but no logitech smooth scroll extension to remove (as has been suggested). Tried turning off/on most of my extensions to no avail. Also rebooted PC-no change. I can easily scroll within this forum page, as well, just not when viewing or working within a sheet. A little guidance from smartsheet on this would be helpful.

• Same issue, happened today after a "Smartsheet reloading" message. Perhaps an update?

(This crippled the experience for me)

Happens in Chrome, and Firebox, using trackpad or mouse

• I too just started to experience the same issue, which also just started today (9/1/20). My scroll wheel works perfectly fine in all other browsers and programs. I have a Lenovo mouse and am using Chrome. I tried the former suggestions about removing extensions, rebooting, reloading the page, etc. and nothing is working. I can scroll in other web pages and applications on my PC, but not within Smartsheet unless my mouse is right over the scroll bar. Pretty annoying...please help!!

• YES! Same issue. I've tried two different mouse (Apple Mouse and Logitech mouse). I can not scroll up or down, left or right within the grid. Only the scroll bars work. Both mouse work find in other tabs. Please help!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Susan Richardson, @Matt Howes, @Autumn Beck, and @Becky Wardlaw

I checked in with our Support team and we recently have had similar reports about scrolling issues. Certain browser extensions such as Pinterest or Logitech Smooth Scrolling can cause interference with Smartsheet.

To help isolate the issue, try logging in on another browser without any extensions installed. If do not have another browser to test with, please try the following:

Chrome

• Click the Customize & Control icon in the upper-right corner of the browser, then click Tools > Extensions.
    • Disable all of the extensions to see if the issue is resolved.

To disable extensions in other browsers, see our Troubleshooting Guide and scroll to the section, “Smartsheet Is Continuously Loading, Not Responding, or Not Displaying Certain Items.”

Once all extensions have been disabled, access Smartsheet again to see if the problem persists. If the issue is resolved, re-enable the extensions one at a time to determine which one conflicts with Smartsheet.

If you still have trouble scrolling after reviewing the above information, please submit a Support ticket (see here), providing them with the following details so they can work with you each one-on-one about this: What extensions do you have enabled in your browser? What browsers have you tried and what were the results of each? What type of computer and version are you running? Are your devices being managed by your employer?

Thank you!

Genevieve

Community Moderator

• J Sutton
    J Sutton ✭✭
    edited 09/02/20

Thank you @Genevieve P , disabling the Pinterest Save extension solved my scrolling issues.

• Yes, thank you! Working through some of the extensions helped bring the scrolling back!

• Genevieve P.

Thanks for letting us know that worked for you! 🙂

• I am having the same issue with scrolling. As others have mentioned, I haven't had any issues prior to this week. I've had no hardware or software updates or on my end. And I don't want to disable my plugins because they are necessary for my day-to-day productivity.

Is there another solution to resolve this issue?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Kesha Walker

To test and see if it's an extension error, you could try using a different browser that doesn't have any extensions.

However, if this other browser works for you, then you would need to go through the suggested steps of disabling your extensions and adding them back in one at a time to find out which one may be causing this issue.

If this other browser doesn't work for you either, then I would suggest contacting Support (linked in my previous post).