Recommended Tablet?

jchall88
jchall88
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We have several departments are regularly using Smartsheet tablets. The tablets we currently have deployed are reaching end of line.  Can anyone recommend some tablets that work well with Smartsheets?

We are currently using older Lenova Yoga tablets which are android based; however, we were considering possibly replacing the android based solution with a Windows based one.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

It depends on your need and use case! Do you need the full experience, or does it work with the mobile one?

What do you do?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Our current units have the application installed and since these are predominantly used for Smartsheets I would prefer they have the best experience possible on it; however, i suspect they could get by on the web application without any real issues.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

What kind of work does your company do and what do the users use Smartsheet for more specifically?

Another option could be to use a smartphone on the field and then a computer/tablet when needed in the office or the field, but that could make the best tablet/computer choice different.

Most of my clients use a smartphone when on the field and tablet/computer at the office or in the field when needed.

What do you think?

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• We do fabrication.  Smartsheets is used to manage work logs, inventory tracking and a few other things. These tablets we are looking to replace are kept out in the shop area and are also used for email, web searches, camera access and the like, but the primary function is Smartsheets.  I do not think the Yoga tablets we are using are optimized for Smartsheets and they seem to struggle with some of the sheets that they use.  Phones are fine when they are not at a branch but we do want them to have a dedicated device to access when they are at one of our locations.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

The first thing to research would be. Could they do their work a mobile OS like iOS or Android? If yes. I'd recommend researching if an iPad would work, maybe coupled with a keyboard.

With the coming changes to iOS 13, they will be even more powerful and easy to work with this fall.

What do you think?

Best,

Andrée