Multiple selection on a drop down list

Answers

• Ezra
    Ezra ✭✭✭

Both the dynamic dropdown and multi dropdown selection will really change the landscape of this platform. I'm VERY excited!

• Great that this is in development! Just wanted to share my specific use-case, as it differs from those listed above. My team works with a lot of visual product merchandising, and we use Smartsheet as an item tracker in our development. 

Because our work is so visual, my team LOVES the card view. It's an easy way to quickly identify product status. But, this is driven by card view, which is driven by drop downs.

If multiple drop downs were to become available, we would be able to have multiple cards per each entry, correct? This would be hugely beneficial for our projects, allowing us to show where each item has been assigned to different assortments, and in different product releases.

Thanks for all your support! 

• Hi everyone, 

I'm pleased to announce that the Multi Select Dropdown project is in development. 

Thank you for the passion, and thanks for the patience.

Kara

• Multi-select for dropdowns is a great need for my team. Excited to know when this feature will be announced. 

• I understand it's only been 13 days since you posted this, but do you have a rough idea as to whe multi-select choice lists will be deployed?

• Hi Jhaines,

We have an idea internally but do not want to share publicly yet until we get closer to release. I will update you when I have the go-ahead.

Thank you for the patience and understanding,

Best,

Kara

• This feature would be greatly beneficial for our use-case as well.  A general release timeline would be extremely helpful for our planning.  I need to know if I should implement a short-term workaround or wait for this feature.

• Hi J,

We want to be very sensitive to setting release expectations publicly as they can be pushed forward or back.

If you have a CSM, they can work with you to provide more clarity, once an NDA is signed.

Thanks for your understanding,

Kara

• Great news, much needed.

I was wondering if you have a projected release date on this?

• Hi William,

We want to be very sensitive to setting release expectations publicly as they can be pushed forward or back.

If you have a CSM, they can work with you to provide more clarity, once an NDA is signed.

Thanks for your understanding,

Kara

• Allison_S
    Allison_S ✭✭✭

Hi Kara, 

Any movement on this? Excited for it to be released! Hope to see an update soon!!!

Thank you!

Allison

• Thanks Allison!

Lots of great movement on our end but nothing we can show publicly yet :) 

Thank you,

Kara

• Lynette.Smith
    Lynette.Smith ✭✭✭✭

Do you have any idea when this will be available functionality?  

• Hi Lynn,

Yes, I do, however we want to be very sensitive to setting release date expectations publicly as they can be pushed forward or back.

Thank you,

Kara

• I'd like to add my support for this request. This would be a huge benefit to my team at Salesforce, too!