Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is it possible to assign a task to multiple people?

Options

Comments

• Brenda Strong
    Options

I completely agree. Would recommend that you prioritize this feature, as it would make all the difference for us. Without it, the resource management feature is much less valuable for us.

• Evert Meijer
    Options

Same here. Please prioritize this feature!

• Stewart Grinton
    Options

Add my vote as well.

• Mauricio Rodriguez
    edited 07/06/15
    Options

Travis please add my vote for this functionality as I consider it essential. Any ETA on when it may be available?

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/06/15
    Options

Sharone, Brenda, Evert, Stewart, and Mauricio I have added your votes! 

I do not have an ETA for the development of this feature but you can stay up to date on what we are working on by checking out our product roadmap: http://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

• Sorry Travis to hear that this ability won't be available in the near future. Unfortunately I won't be able to get my company to switch from MS Project until that capability is available. Please keep us posted

• Daniel O'Keefe
    Options

+1 on needing multiple assignments for workload tracking. can't seriously use for project management until this feature exists. liking everything else so far.

• Joseph A Catania III
    edited 07/20/15
    Options

This is so basic. Why is this not on your road map? Dedicate a programmer to it and i cant see why it would take more than a week or so to get this functional.

• siouxzieb
    siouxzieb
    edited 07/21/15
    Options

+1 for this feature—if that's what we want to call it. It's really a no-brainer requirement. Evaluating the product now, but that will be a deal breaker. Run, don't walk! Thanks!

• Amanda Conkol
    Options

Adding my vote as well. As a PM for a large ERP upgrade project I do not want to add a new row for each resource and worry about any user error of missing a predecessor or accidentally entering a wrong date in 1 row. 

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Amanda, you can simply add additional contact list columns to your sheet to assign tasks to multiple users, rather than adding additional rows for each user. The additional contact list column will not work for resource management but it will work for other features, such as reminders, reports, filters, etc. 

• Bob Dole
    Options

Wow, for me this is one of those: "I can't believe you can't do this features." And I read that is not on their near-term roadmap, which I find hard to understand. This is one of those basic, make it functional for a team type items.

I did find a work around, just make the field Text, Number and you can put people's names into it, then run notifications 'yourself' or everyone get notified of every update.  Fine for small teams, not so good if your company is well over 70k people like mine.

• Peter C
    Options

+1 more vote to get this function fast tracked.

The suggested work arounds are not acceptable for our application.

We need to assign multiple people to a single task and have resource managment for each person.

Great system apart from this minor oversight in functionality.

But one would expect it would be a simple fix and SS can get a update rolled out pretty quickly.

• William Cavendish
    edited 08/07/15
    Options

Please add another vote for this feature to be fast tracked. 

Need to be able to assign tasks to multiple parties whilst retaining visibility on resource allocation. 

Can't come soon enough. 

Thanks

• Sagar
    Options

I also vote for this enhancement in Smartsheet. Will be very useful feature.

This discussion has been closed.