Health Check Formula Error

TRMakai
TRMakai ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I am attempting to create a Red, Yellow, Green, Blue health check based on a Status Column and Planned and Actual Dates.  I continue to get an #UNPARSABLE error message on below.

I have checked, spelling, quotation marks and I can validate every logic function except the first =IF statement.  Thought it was a ")" issue, but validated those also....

Can anyone spot something basic that I might be missing?

=IF(Status1 = "Complete", "Blue",IF(OR(Status1 = “Cancelled”, Status1 = “Not Applicable”),“”,IF(Status1 = “On Hold”, “Yellow”,IF(AND(Status1 = "Not Started", [Planned Start Date]1 > TODAY()), "Green",IF(AND(Status1 = "In Progress", [Planned End Date]1 > TODAY()), "Green",IF(AND(Status1 = "Not Started", ISBLANK([Actual Start Date]1), [Planned Start Date]1 <= TODAY(-7)), "Red",IF(AND(Status1 = "In Progress", ISBLANK([Actual End Date]1), [Planned End Date]1 <= TODAY(-7)), "Red",IF(AND(Status1 = "Not Started", ISBLANK([Actual Start Date]1), [Planned Start Date]1 <= TODAY()), "Yellow",IF(AND(Status1 = "In Progress", ISBLANK([Actual End Date]1), [Planned End Date]1 <= TODAY()), "Yellow", “Red”)))))))))

Appreciate the help!

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it looks like you might have created that formula in a word processing program which replaces straight quotes with smart quotes. Smart quotes (the slanted quotation marks) break formulas in smartsheeet. 

Open up wordpad or notepad and replace all the quotations in your formula. That should do the trick. I always build my formulas in a plain text editor like notepad++ or Atom for Mac. 

• TRMakai
    TRMakai ✭✭

You are AWESOME!

I did start this in notepad and moved to word to build a supporting documentation.  I also did initially copy back to notepad before coping to my smartsheet.  But after your suggestion I copied back to notepad and did notice "" discrepancies.  I replaced all to be safe, and it's looking good... ! now just need to make sure it's doing what I want.

Thank you!!

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome, glad I could help you out. 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!