Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Slack/Smartsheet Integration

2»

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's good to know about the response time! Thanks Alex.

Craig

• You can get most of the way with a REST terminal, but the callback response is where I hit snags

http://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/#creating-a-webhook

If we could manually verify webhooks (Send Key to Slack Channel, reply with key in smartsheet dashboard) the whole this would go well.

Slack will generate an OAUTH token for the handshake.

• Daniel Stein
    Daniel Stein Employee
    edited 11/30/16

Thanks Alex for your feedback. We are indeed looking at integrating Slack with Smartsheet's notificiations system. So instead of (or in addition to) receiving notifications via email, you could choose a Slack channel to notify in response to certain sheet changes.

Best regards,

Daniel

• Jae Anderson
    Jae Anderson ✭✭✭✭

Our team has been with Smartsheet for over a year and are just adding slack to our arsenal.  I would like 

4 Receiving notifications in a Slack channel whenever changes are made to a sheet in Smartsheet

1 Using message buttons in Slack to update a sheet in Smartsheet (e.g. assigning a task to a team member or updating the status of a ticket)

2 Attaching/linking Slack conversations to a row/sheet in Smartsheet 

3 Using slash commands in Slack to make changes to a sheet in Smartsheet

5 Updating a Slack Channel with reminders based on Smartsheet due dates

• Any chance to get an update from Smartsheet as to plans for Slack integration. 

Yesterday it was announced that a new integration has become available for Microsoft Teams - a product that still is proving itself in the marketplace and is just a few months old! (I defer to others who may have underlying conspiracy theories)

Rather than dedicate unnecessary time and expense to review the Smartsheet/Teams integration possibilities for our firm, it would be great to know if there is an actual roadmap for Smartsheet/Slack integration and the associated timeline.

Slack is well ahead of Teams in terms of integration with other products. It would be wonderful if Smartsheet was amongst those in the very near future.

Regards,

Greg

• Didn't you see the announcement that Microsoft was acquiring SmartSheet?

(Kidding) Wink

• I think if you added an extra choice to EDIT COLUMN PROPERTIES>SLACK CHANNEL people could then define which #channel they wanted the information to post to...

Here's the use case

- we use one SmartSheet for managing all tasks

Each line contains the following headers CLIENT/PROJECT/TASK/WHO/START/DUE/COMMENTS

To look at an individual client, we use filters on the sheet view

What we would like to do...

Push all comments for one client/project to one slack channel

To support the new feature, we would simply modify our headers as follows

#CHANNEL/CLIENT/PROJECT/TASK/WHO/START/DUE/COMMENTS

Next, would be which activity would be pushed to slack? It may help to take cues from theTrello/Slack integration configuration settings - see attached

slack trello.png

• Hi,

I was interested to know if a slack/smartsheet integration was still been considered?

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/30/17

Hi Ritchie,

There is a Slack integration on the way and i think it's coming in the beginning of 2018.

From Engage 2017

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? SMARTSHEET INTEGRATIONS WITH YOUR FAVORITE MESSAGING APPS

Connecting team communications with the work that needs to be done is a key component of successful collaboration. Smartsheet's messaging integrations bring communication and work management together seamlessly. During this session, you'll learn about current and planned integrations with chat and messaging apps, including Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, Slack, Cisco Spark, and others.

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Ritchie,

Thanks for checking in.  I can confirm that we are actively at work on the first version of an integration with Slack.  I'm also actively collecting input from our users about the ways in which an integration with Slack would be most beneficial. 

From your perspective, how would you like to use an integration with Slack? What would be most beneficial for you?

Thanks!

Scott  

• The sooner the better! Smartsheet adoption is on the fall and with Slack getting used heavily within my organization, we're starting to evaluate moving to a Slack supported PM software

Would love to be able to share cards in Slack, get summaries of upcoming deliverables/deadlines, share weekly summaries from reports, update Smartsheet with "/" commands, send update requests (2-way), Set alerts to post directly to Slack (instead of email), check resource usage for a particular week (private)

• Any updates on this? I’m new here - just found Smartsheets today on the recommendation of a colleague.  I certainly like the platform from what I’ve seen, but deploying another tool that isn’t integrated into our communication workflow is highly unlikely.  

It seems from the above messages that maybe this is close?

• Hi magnum6,

We're glad to hear that your early evaluation of Smartsheet has been positive.  I'm happy to report that the integration to Slack is indeed underway and that we're working to get it to our customers as soon as possible.  Stay tuned for updates!

-Scott

This discussion has been closed.