Trouble with Date Math

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I have this formula in a checkbox =IF(Date1 > [Stop Date]1, 0, 1) Stop date is a date field with =TODAY() - 15 and Date is any given date. The idea is to check items where Date is in the last two weeks other wise don't check it. It does not work. If I enter a date newer than TODAY()-15 ir unchecks. If the date is older it checks. If blank if checks (this I want). What am I missing?

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, could you explain you're desired results one more time? Your formula seems to be working (see my screenshot). If the date is greater than Today - 15 (which today = 5/1/18.) then I am seeing a check. Isn't that the result that you want? So if a project is past-due or coming due in the next 15 days, it will check it off? 

OR are you wanting different results? 

• Bill Brandt
    Bill Brandt ✭✭✭✭✭

What I need is all open items (no date) and any item closed in the last two weeks to "check" the box. Items closed (with a date) and older than two weeks need to not "check" the box. Currently that is not what is happening. I attached a screen shot. No dates are checking as desired. dates after 5/1/18 (based on today) are unchecked and dates before 5/1/18 are checked.

Capture.JPG

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try this one. I put a restriction that the date has to be greater than 15 weeks ago and less than or equal to Today. 

=IF(AND(Date1 > TODAY(-15), Date1 <= TODAY()), 1, 0)

Does that do the job? 

• Bill Brandt
    Bill Brandt ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally figured it out. I was mistaken on how the blanks where being handled.

=IF(ISBLANK(Date1), 1, IF(Date1 > TODAY(-15), 1, 0))

this gives me the result I need.  Thanks for your help as it pushed me in the right direction.

Bill

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I could help... But isn't your checkmark applying to everything that has a date that is greater than today-15? Including dates in the future? 

• Bill Brandt
    Bill Brandt ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats what I am looking for. Blank dates are incomplete but our list needs to show what is incomplete plus what ever was completed in the last two weeks. The older ones can drop off.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ah okay! Great. Glad its working.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!