How to avoid receiving confirmation emails after every update

Sepi Deh
Sepi Deh ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

We have set rules to send out update request forms to the individuals assigned in our forms.

Upon implementation of changes, we do receive many confirmation emails and we would like to stop this.

Would you please assist me on how to deactivate this option.

Thanking you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sepi,

If you right-click (or click the dropdown arrow in the top right corner) on the rule, there is an option to disable the rule.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sepi Deh
    Sepi Deh ✭✭
    edited 08/13/18

Hello Andrée Starå,

Thanks for your response.

If I disable/unsubscribe from the rule I will not receive any notifications.

We don't want to receive confirmation of changes.

• Javed Hassan
    Javed Hassan ✭✭✭✭

If I understand correctly, you have a scheduled (or rule-based) automated request that is sent to users for updates. From this, you receive confirmation emails that you would like to stop.

Check your notification rules in the sheet. You likely have a notification that triggers anytime a row is updated, or something similar. You can adjust this rule, or disable it completely.

• I wonder if the original post is referencing the "Update Confirmation:..." email that the person completing the Update Request receives after they've completed the task. I am very disappointed to see that email as I'm testing a new series of automations and I do wonder when (if ever) we will have the option to disable that feature. I think I now understand why I get so many random requests for permission to access my sheets! 

• Olli Matikainen
    Olli Matikainen ✭✭✭✭

I have the same issue - when an update request is sent, the recipient would like to disable the confirmation email that is sent to the recipient once the update request is submitted (another email to review).

I'm wondering why there is no choice to 'turn off' the automatic confirmation email?

• I have exactly the same problem - it would be good to get a response from Smartsheet.

I've set my sheet to request updates from contacts, but once they have submitted the update they get yet another email confirming that they have made an update (they know that, they just submitted it!).

I'd like to turn-off that follow-up email that that confirms that the update has been submitted - it's creating more work for my users and is slowing the adoption of smartsheet (and I'm really pushing it at work, because overall I think it's fantastic!).

• jeremy.boddington77651
    edited 02/07/19

This really annoys us too.  Please allow us to disable the "update confirmation" email after we have made an update. It is titled "Confirmation: Your update has been submitted". I get so many complaints about this.  Users don't like the number of nugatory emails that smartsheets sends them.

I note from several threads that this has been an issue for 3 or 4 years.  Why no progress towards a fix (or even reassurance that you understand what we are asking)?

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Please submit an Update Request to have this an option in the Advanced setting of the Request approval and or other Actions.

You will find the link to the right of the community page.

The more people who request it the more likely it will get done.

• Has this been addressed yet? It is really annoying and inconvenient that I receive a "confirmation" every time I update. It is completely unnecessary. Has there been a response from Smartsheet?

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A workaround may be to create a folder in your mail client to move these Straight into the new folder, this can then be emptied every now and then.

When you are happy that it is catching the right email and not any others you could change the rule to delete them instead.

Not ideal and will depend on your mail client.

• I ditto all of these comments that this is annoying. I am working with our organization on change management to more widely adopt the use of Smartsheet and creating this unnecessary step of receiving a confirmation is very annoying and not productive for the team to have to delete this email. I don't want our team to get alert fatigue and this just adds to that. I have submitted an enhancement request but this is another downfall of this tool. 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

A New Way to Submit Your Feature Requests

To make your Enhancement / Feature Request count, send in the form above because there isn’t a guarantee, it will be registered otherwise.

Original Post: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hey all, I too have this same complaint. This needs to be addressed. I submitted an enhancement request. They way SmartSheet handles requests, it will get escalated faster the more submissions they get. You cannot vote on my enhancement request, so please go submit your own using the link in the comment above mine. Thank you!

• Just submitted another-- it seems they have not done anything to change this "feature."  I hope they will soon; we may have to move away from using this as a platform for some reviews, as the double emails are too much for our high level employees.  It's disappointing that this seemingly simple fix is not available. 

• JoeS
    JoeS ✭✭

I am having the same issue and submitted a Request before finding this thread..