FAQ: How do I earn points and badges?

Genevieve PGenevieve P admin
edited 11/19/20 in Welcome to the Community
12/11/19 Edited 11/19/20

Earning Points and Badges

Points and badges are earned through your collaborative participation within the online Community.

You can earn points and badges, for example, when you provide an answer to a question,  when someone else accepts your answer as the right solution, when you tag others in posts, or when you upvote an answer. You also receive points when users mark your discussions and posts as Insightful, so make them great!

NOTE: Simply asking a question does not give you points. Your post will need to have others react positively to it (such as with an Insightful or Upvote reaction) to receive points.

The more reactions your post receives, the more likely it is to end up on the Best Of page as well!

Request a Badge

If you notice that another Community member has a badge you believe you should be awarded as well, you can request one by following these steps:

1. Make sure you're logged in to the Community.
  2. Click on the badge that appears within the other Community member's profile.
  3. On the badge page, click the Request This Badge button (in the upper-right portion of the page as shown in the image below).
  4. In the window that appears, type a note to our team and click Send Request.

Comments

• edited 11/26/20

What does it mean to be assigned a 'level' as a user and how many levels are there?

• Hi @Megan Nelson

Levels in Community are influenced by the number of points and the different badges you are awarded as you are active and participate in the Community. There are 5 levels; the more points you earn, the higher you will rank!

Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Don YoungDon Young ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a badge for solution certification? If so, how would I go about adding that to my profile? Also wondering how to get the Engage 2019 badge added. I attended but don't have the badge. I've seen others with it.

• Julie TauschJulie Tausch ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like both of those badges as well...Engage 2019 and Solution Certified.

• Hi @Don Young & @Julie Tausch

If you see a specific badge that has not automatically appeared on your profile, you can request a badge by following these steps:

• Make sure you're logged in to the Community.
    • Click on the badge that appears within another user's profile.
    • On the badge's page, there is a blue button that says "Request this badge" in the upper right corner.

I'll add these steps to the original post above, thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Cheers,

Genevieve