FAQ: How do I earn points and badges?

2Next

Comments

• Hello,

I'm glad to join the group and I look forward to learning more about Smartsheet and ways to improve using this powerful tool.

• Nik FuentesNik Fuentes ✭✭✭✭

Interesting, but what is the point of any of this?

What do Badges do? Why does a higher Level have value? Does it unlock features or something or is this purely self-motivational? 'Cause if it's nothing, I'll not bother with it, but if it does have function, I'd like to not miss out on it out of ignorance.

Also, to expand on that one thing someone brought up, I would think that the list of Badges being fluid would be all the more reason to have it listed somewhere. Somewhere like, say, a Smartsheet with View Only privileges. That way it could be easily updated whenever something changes. Or if that's too much trouble, the same on a Google Doc would suffice just as well. You've put the time and effort into the Badges, you shouldn't make us jump through hoops to figure out what they are and if we want them.

• edited 07/19/21

Hi @Nik Fuentes,

The concept behind earning points and badges is to incentivize our existing Community Members, as well as Customers not yet a part of the Community to participate in discussions, ask questions, join programs, attend user groups, become product certified, and so much more!

The levels + points correlation do have a bit of different approach where it may increase your Community "street credit." If there are Community Members with a 5 star level, generally speaking they are very active within Community and guide many others in the right direction.

Regarding the second half of your response, we are in the process of updating our system of showcasing an all up list of badges, along with more insights into how you can obtain each badge/what is the function.

Here is the existing link: https://community.smartsheet.com/badges. This list does update in real time for each net new badge we add into our Community.

Please let me know if you have any questions on what I've addressed above, Nik!

Thank you,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• Mark LongMark Long ✭✭✭✭

I am glad to join this community. Thank you.

• Thrilled to have you joining us, @Mark Long!

Let us know if you have any questions about the Community Forum. Happy to support your journey!

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• DLMDLM ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P ~ Would like to get a 2019 Product Certification Badge, but don't see the "Request this Badge" button. Any advice? Thanks much!!

• Hi @DLM

Can you contact us privately with the valid test ID and email address that received the certification so that we can cross-check this with our Certification team?

To contact us, use the flag icon on this comment or the top FAQ post, then click Report to send a private message to Smartsheet Moderators. You can also fill out the Community Feedback form, here.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Nik FuentesNik Fuentes ✭✭✭✭

@Maxwell Griffith

thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

• I got the same promotion but it was level 1. Been using the community for the past 3 years and haven't been logged in which I should supposedly do before. But I'm still grateful for this community.

• How do you get points?

• Hi @JAdams!

In order to generate more points, continue to be active in the Smartsheet Community by posting questions/discussions, commenting, promoting, voting up, attending events, being a part of power user programs, and more!

Here is the all up list of badges that are associated to points. You can also request badges through this list that you may already qualify for!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• I am happy to be part of this community.

• @solomon We are thrilled to have you be a part of our Smartsheet Community! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We'd be happy to assist you along this journey!

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet