Inconsistent Date Formatting

01/21/21
Answered - Pending Review

I created a dynamic view off of a sheet on which every row has a date formatted as Thursday January 21, 2021; however, on the dynamic view, about half the rows are formatted 01/21/2021. I've tried deleting and re-entering the dates on the source sheet, and removing and re-adding the date column from the dynamic view but neither one worked. Any suggestions?

I've had similar issues in the past with conditional formatting only partially carrying through.

Answers

• Traci SummersTraci Summers ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a similar question to yours, Kristin. I'm going to add it here and maybe someone can help us both?

I have global users and would like my dates configured as DD-Month Abbr-YY to avoid confusion. My source sheet is formatted this way, but the Dynamic View reverts to a US MM/DD/YY format. Is there anyway to keep the source formatting for dates*?

*Honestly, we are having difficulty with all formats in Dynamic View: Currency, percentage, etc.

• Chris KaliveasChris Kaliveas ✭✭✭✭

@Kristin N Hey Kristin, I had similar issue on source sheet. A possible cause is your date column was originally text in the source sheet and dates are stored in US format by default if not a date column. I had to remove my date column, create a new one and repopulate the dates. This issue was using native smartsheet and not dynamic view, but may help diagnose your issue.