Barcode generating (Code 128)

Pascal
Pascal
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all,

Is there a way to print or generate a barcode (Code 128) to a smartsheet Field?

I need a barcode of a number field when i printout the row.

We want use the printed paper for a goods receipt slip in the inspection center for special orders.

We need the barcode on the paper to scan it with the mobile app for Smartsheet

I didn't found such funktionality in smartsheet.

I read about over a API it is possible, but i dont know how does it work wit API.

Can someone help me?

How can i implement this Functionality?

Thanks for helping me

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Pascal,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment in Smartsheet, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

As a workaround, you could create them in Google Sheets and then paste them to Smartsheet.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

•  

Thank you for your input.

But I need a solution where I do not copy anything.

The system should be fully automatic.

After the form has been completed, the barcode should be generated in the field. So that where the form has filled out it can print immediately. There are about 300 employees where to use the form. These employees do not have permissions on the Smartsheet.

I understand how i generate the barcode in Google Sheets.

Now, i'm not able to put the generated barcode pictures/image in the smartsheet field!

Smartsheet needs to get the picture/image automatically from Google Sheets or the berrywing.com site.

In google docs it works!

Formula: =image("http://berrywing.com/barcode/Code128.aspx?bc=" & A1)

Is there a Formula for smartsheet to get the image vom berrywing.com?

Perhaps i create the form with Google Sheets! :-(

Regards

Pascal

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Unfortunately, It's not possible to connect to berrywing in Smartsheet natively, but it might be possible to use the API or a third-party integration like Zapier or similar.

I'll get back to the post if I find a solution.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Pascal, or Andree... were either of you able to figure this out? I would like to have this feature as well. Thank you.

• Maaik
    Maaik ✭✭

Hello Stacy,

Been a while, but stumbled on these conversations: Unfortunately there is indeed no formula, but I made several hosted solutions to generate QR, barcode, sparklines, GS1 documents, etc, and put them as an attachment or even inline in the same Smartsheet row. If you are still looking for this, let me know: I can setup a prototype for you if you want.

grtz, Maaik

• Hello Maaik,

What you described with generating a barcode & inserting it within a row sounds like exactly what I'm looking to do. Can you give me some details on what tool you used to help facilitate this?

thank you