Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Indenting in Wrong Column (maybe because of Frozen Columns)

QElbert
QElbert ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I froze the column "company name" so that it and all the columns before it would follow me across the spreadsheet as I entered data. I am now wanting to indent rows below a couple new headers: "Commitments" and "Prospective" but as you can see in the screen shot below, the "-" symbol keeps showing up in the column just after the frozen column (2016 Pledge Amnt), instead of in the column I am selecting (directly under the header I've chosen to set the hiearchy). This happens even after I've unfrozen that column.

Other people will be using this spreadsheet and may not understand how to navigate and access information quickly and easily if things are not in a standard format. It would be great to be able to have the "-" showing under the "Contact First Name" column, as intended.

Thanks for any help!

smartsheet screenshot.jpg

Comments

• The expand/collapse icon is always shown in your Primary Column. You can't change that.

Christine

• If you change the location and the title of the columns (so make 2016 Pledge Amount the new Contact First Name and vice versa), the Contact First name will then be your primary column and then it will be where the indent occurs and where the minus symbol will be located.

It looks like you were adding columns to the left of the primary, which is why your sheet's primary column is now in the middle

This discussion has been closed.