Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Row changes that don't affect Modified Date field

MR-JP
MR-JP
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I see in your help documentation that changes to discussions and attachments do not affect the Modified Date type of System Column. Is there a reason for this? If a week-long discussion takes place within the discussion feature of a row, the Modified Date element makes it seem at first glance as if the toipic has not been addressed in a week.

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure the reasoning for this but you could use the Highlight Changes feature which will highlight the cell that have been changed (including the discussion column)

• I have a use case that definitely benefits from the Modified Date updating when the discussion is modified.  We use discussions to post client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) feedback, and software vender responses.  Having the date update allows us to see which items on associated reports to process automatically.  Could this be a configuration option for Modified Date, to consider discussion or not?

• John, 

I find that Highlight does not work well when the conversations are updating continously throughout the day.

• Has there been an update to this, where comments and discussion will update the smart sheet modified date automatically? or an option to turn that On

This discussion has been closed.