Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Gantt scheduling of holidays

John Stanley
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

If holidays are entered in the "Non-Working Days", will there be visible evidence in the Gantt chart to reflect this?

Comments

• John -- Nonworking days will be shaded a light pink in the Gantt chart to indicate that they are scheduled in the Project Settings as non-work days, similarly to how weekly non-working days (Saturday and Sunday, unless you've modified these) are highlighted grey. Let me know if you aren't seeing this in your Gantt charts.

• Kennedy - thanks for the response.  I don't see any difference in color. Is there some other setting I also need to change? It doesn't look like it adjusts (adds another day to the schedule) for the day either.

• Hi John-- Happy to help. By "shaded pink" I meant that the date columns in the Gantt chart view will be colored. The colors of your Gantt bars won't change at all. It's possible that this color is appearing faintly on your screen--try adjusting your screen brightness and contrast to see if that helps. If not, feel free to share your sheet with me at Kennedy.Stomps@Smartsheet.com offering Admin permissions and I'll take a look at it.

At this time, the non-working days functionality in Smartsheet prevents task end dates from landing on non-working days and excludes these dates from duration calculations, if a task's start and end dates span non-working days. It won't automatically add time to the task's duration to make up for the non-working days, but I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list to be considered for future development.

• John Stanley
    edited 06/02/16

Kennedy, I have shared the sheet with you.  Notice I have added a "Test Line" line (highlighted) with 2 days duration, causing it to end on the "non-working" holiday I have entered.  I must not have set something right, but I am not sure what. Thanks again.

• I'm having what appears to be a similar problem. In Gantt view, weekends and non-working day columns are white, not pink.

It's definitely NOT a monitor brightness issue, because the columns DO show up in pink IF the "Project Settings" dialog box is open.

But as soon as you close the dialog box, the pink background turns to white.

See attached screenshot -- I've captured the same screen with and without the "Project Settings" dialog box open.

Any ideas? Happy to share the sheet if you want to see it.

nonworking_days_not_pink_in_gantt.jpg

• Agreed. I am having this same issue. Has there been any resolution?

This discussion has been closed.