Hybrid Report/Sheet

JeffG
JeffG
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I'd like to use Smartsheet to track performance on a multitude of projects.

I can use a Report to quickly gather a list of assignments and compare Need Date to Date Completed. 

But I can't add any additional columns (i.e. with formulas to display graphics based on whether the assignment was completed on time) or additional rows (i.e. with formulas to calculate percentage of tasks completed on time. 

It is possible to do this on the individual sheets and then include those columns in the report, but then the performance metrics are out there in the public domain as opposed to being private. 

Currently I'm exporting the Report to Excel and doing performance tracking manually. 

Is there a way to accomplish this inside of Smartsheet without making the performance metrics widely available? If not, please consider adding this functionality. 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jeff,

You could add the columns that you need on the relevant sheets and then hide them (beware that users can see the information but how easy it depends on their access. The user can always export to excel and similar and show the information.) 

What do you mean by public domain? You can create reports that only you have access to if you'd like.

Would that work for you?

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!